• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill climb ecu who's running one?

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just wondering who's running a hill climb ecu and how their liking it. Is it worth the money has anyone had any negative effects. Is it a noticeable increase in power/performance?

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
I have the 14 hill climb flash on my 12 hcr and it is defiantly noticeable, it's not conservative like a factory flash. Its more on the edge mid range is way better and snap throttle response. Mileage went down but again I'm on it more now cuz it's just so intoxicating to hit it at any rpm range and it pulled like a raped ape

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
Also would like to know about elevation, would it be safe for 0-2000 feet or is it a tune for higher elevations?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I was under the assumption that to have access to these flashes you had to be a racer/hill climber as they were only available through the race shop. Not your regular dealers. Or you can end up with one by buying a sled from a racer, or if you know someone who has the connections to the race department to have it done for you. No warranty on race program sleds so probably none on reflashes either. Unless you know what exactly the flash was set up for, I'd be very cautious about adding more mods on top of it without monitoring a/f ratio or egts.

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
Yes it's safe to run a can and it is fine for lower elevation I run it at about 1000 ft most of the time. And yes it is usually a race department ecu/flash, but the dealer Dakota cat out of fargo,nd. Is selling them

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
I've got several new and used 800 HO ecu's on hand - work on all 2010-17 Cat HO's - stock or hillclimb program - call or text for more info.

Dave
701-214-3184
That's from the swap meet page.

To add the race flash doesn't work well at elevation but the hill climb flash works at both low and high elevation

Last edited:

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Why would you need to run 94 octane fuel your not changing compression and I know guys run 2 degree timing keys and don't up the octane

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The rules for the stock class say pump gas. Is 94 octane pump gas I've never seen it around where I live

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Who has these flashes available?

Is there a dealer that is doing the reflashes for a fee?

Wasn't an aftermarket guy testing the waters on selling a reflash for the stock ECUs?

I have to wonder how the flashes compare?

Way too many questions.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Who has these flashes available?

Is there a dealer that is doing the reflashes for a fee?

Wasn't an aftermarket guy testing the waters on selling a reflash for the stock ECUs?

I have to wonder how the flashes compare?

Way too many questions.

I want to know too!! AC probably had to hold the 800HO back from full performance due to EPA mandates; We all know the Suzuki has not met EPA regs for a long time, ie; uses oil & smokes like a 2 stroke should & is very durable. Congratulations to AC on the new C-Tec 800, a cleaner copy of the lay-down Suzuki with identical bore/stroke. Maybe with more advanced timing at the bottom & mid in stock form. Maybe like the Hillclimb ECU does for the "dirty" old Suzuki, but AC couldn't map it that way for sale to the public & meet EPA regs??

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I got the last one Dakota Cat had for a stock pipe.

I'll let you know when my sled blows up.

He said he's still got one that's mapped for an slp pipe if anyone wants it.

Price was reasonable.

Premium Features