• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I wear gore-tex under my klim togowetee bibs?

H
Jan 30, 2010
minn
Im just wondering if my light gore-tex hunting pants will be ok under my klim tog bibs. I already have a good base layer just looking to see what I have around home to wear as a mid layer.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I guess I wouldn't. Start with a good base layer like under armor then a mid layer of fleece then onto your outer layer. let the outer layer do it's work. Just make sure and stay away from anything cotton!!! Once you start dressing in the correct layers you will never go back!!

H
Jan 30, 2010
minn
As long as it's not to cold a pair of poly sweat pants should be okay.

On a side note, which Hoyt do you shoot? Ultra Elite with spirals here.

these sweat pants are warm my son wears them under while hunting and he says they are extremely warm so Ill try them out...heading to idaho/montana tomorrow and weather sounds colder than normal out there for this time of year...still warmer than the temps around here in mn most all winter

Me and my son both shoot the turbo hawk and I also have an x-tec which I still love to shoot and hunt with alot.

J

jbsleds

Feb 15, 2009
Idaho
We ride between Ashton, Idaho and West Yellowstone, Montana. LOTS of fresh snow over the past week!

Thin base layer pants, 200 polartech fleece pants, motorfist bibs keep me warm and dry all day. Same up top: base layer, fleece jacket, outer jacket. Fleece vest in the pack in case it gets really cold.

Stay away from the cheap softshell jackets you can get at discount or warehouse stores. No breathability. Soaking wet inside (ask me how I know:face-icon-small-sho )

Enjoy!

Premium Features