• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine swap in edge chassis, which engine works best?

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
A friend of mine is wanting us to install a different engine into his 05 800 edge chassis RMK. He is a power hungry guy that also despises weight, so which engine would work best given all parameters...fit, ease of electronics, clutching, and so on. I'm thinking of using a 900 Suzuki out of a 1M.

Feedback from those who have experience with swapping engines in this chassis would be greatly appreciated. Please chime in!

Mitch

Last edited:

2mileshigh

Nov 26, 2007
A friend of mine is wanting us to install a different engine into his 05 800 edge chassis RMK. He is a power hungry guy that also despises weight, so which engine would work best given all parameters...fit, ease of electronics, clutching, and so on. I'm thinking of using a 900 Suzuki out of a 1M.

Feedback from those who have experience with swapping engines in this chassis would be greatly appreciated. Please chime in!

Mitch

A carls cycle 910 will put a smile on his face

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana

Mitch

Forgot to mention he is wanting to get completely away from the Polaris 800 engine.

Premium Features