• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 2019 hold up....

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
6 out of the 20 ordered 850 Snowchecks that shipped last Friday arrived today. They DO exist!!! Dude's was not one of them. Sorry man, there will be snow when yours does get here.

A
Nov 1, 2018
2019 850 SC

We ordered ours on March 7th and was told by Polaris that it is supposed to ship November 9th and should be in Alaska at the end of November. Call and complain to Polaris, see if they will try and fix the situation. If enough consumers complain, maybe they will do something to make it right. It’s sad that Skidoo and Arctic Cats are already here. Also why is it that dealerships and sponsored riders can get theirs but customers that put money down have to wait on ours? Hmmmm

A
We ordered ours on March 7th and was told by Polaris that it is supposed to ship November 9th and should be in Alaska at the end of November. Call and complain to Polaris, see if they will try and fix the situation. If enough consumers complain, maybe they will do something to make it right. It’s sad that Skidoo and Arctic Cats are already here. Also why is it that dealerships and sponsored riders can get theirs but customers that put money down have to wait on ours? Hmmmm

Chris Burandt claims he don’t have his yet, just saying.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I was at a Avy class on Tuesday in Fairbanks and seen the 850 sitting on the back of a truck, so I know they have them.

Interesting as all of the lower 48 Polaris guys are claiming they are still waiting on theirs. Some of the Ambassadors have them already but the only factory guys that have shown they have sleds are the guys with the 600 Race sled.

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
Burandt, Adams, and Entz did not have their 850's as of yesterday. As a Polaris Ambassador myself, I do not have mine either. However, they are being shipped and people are definitely getting them. I know my dealer has 163's in transit to the shop.

J
Feb 26, 2018
http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/company/article/polaris-recalls-2019-polaris-850-switchback-prormk-and-sks-snowmobiles

Polaris is recalling 2019 Polaris 850 Switchback, PRO-RMK, and SKS snowmobiles as a fitting attached to the fuel pump flange assembly (PFA) may crack, which may allow fuel to leak. The recall impacts approximately 250 snowmobiles. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact a Polaris dealer to schedule a free repair. Polaris is contacting all registered owners directly. To search off-road recalls by model or vehicle identification number (VIN), visit http://www.polaris.com/en-ca/rider-support/off-road-recalls.

The 250 number must be sleds that have shipped or been delivered already I guess.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Interesting as all of the lower 48 Polaris guys are claiming they are still waiting on theirs.
Not ALL.
Some of the Ambassadors have them already but the only factory guys that have shown they have sleds are the guys with the 600 Race sled.

I know a lot of guys who aren't ambassadors that had theirs in September. My buddy is one.

Mine wasn't supposed to ship until Nov 20. It was held up by the "issue"...and yet it was delivered to the dealer on Oct 31.

We ordered ours on March 7th and was told by Polaris that it is supposed to ship November 9th and should be in Alaska at the end of November. Call and complain to Polaris, see if they will try and fix the situation. If enough consumers complain, maybe they will do something to make it right.

I'm not quite sure what your issue is. It's industry normal for everyone who orders in the spring (snowcheck) and wait for them to be built over the course of summer and fall. Spring orders almost always have to wait until fall to receive their snowcheck.

It’s sad that Skidoo and Arctic Cats are already here. Also why is it that dealerships and sponsored riders can get theirs but customers that put money down have to wait on ours? Hmmmm

Motorsports industry is unique in that they don't mass produce and hope to sell. The spring order program is a way for them to gauge the demand, so they can produce the right number of units. They don't want to overproduce. They are trying to help balance supply and demand so they don't over produce.

Maybe AC and Doo didn't sell as many, and therefore can get them out the door sooner.. :)
I've heard Polaris had around 10,000 850s to build, though I'm not sure what the actual confirmed number is.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
It wasn't until recently that belt driven units started showing up so that could be playing into a conceived delay. I just read about how people are waiting for their Doo's so I'd say there's nothing Polaris specific going on that people should be complaining about.

Haven't seen any factory riders with their 850's yet.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I have a few of mine....70 % shipped from factory early this week .... and the remainder will ship next week.

A bunch of us who knew the schedule told you guys months ago that the sleds would arrive +/- end of Oct, beginning of November. So a couple months of intense speculation and over-analysis later ..... and that is still the answer. That timeline applies to athletes, ambassadors, dealer owners/employees, yada yada....none of that matters it's just how they roll off the line.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
My dealer called said it's there need a few days till pickup. I said great I'm busy anyway and no snow to ride till Thanksgiving. Will want to be careful on early snow as there are no new ones to be purchased by insurance.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Which factory guys already have their 850's? I had not seen anyone talk about them yet.

Oh, I don't k now of any factory guys who have confirmed receipt of theirs.
I was referring to ANYONE in the lower 48. Some do have their sleds. Even a few Alaskans got their sleds last month.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Yeah and I think I saw Dan Adams received some too. Seems like it's at the same pace as the consumer masses.

Premium Features