• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Stage 3

B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
I know there have probably been a million posts on this topic but i just want a few opinions from guys who are running the SLP Stage 3 kit. I want to know how you think it compares to stock, how is the reliability, and if you would recommend it. I am thinking that i am going to buy the kit minus the V-Force reeds this summer. I guess it would just be the slp head, springs, weights, PCV, pipe and can. I'm wanting it for my 12' 155..

I pretty much only ride the trees and i want some more mid range and top end power. I rode Darcy's sled with the stage 3 on it and was way impressed but it is a 146, i just hope it would feel that good on my 155. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. thanks.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
I have tested slp stage 3 with porting etc. I am not going that route again.. Its not worth the cash. Go BB or turbo, enough said..

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I was determined to go with SLP stage 4 this year but I’m now thinking about the RK-TEK 860 kit, from what I can gather the gains and price are similar. I’m guessing the RK-TEK drop in kit would have similar gains to the stage 3 at an even lower price. I hope others will chime in with their opinion.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
My 2013 PRO drop in kit with SLP Pipe walked a stage 4kit...I would talk to Guys Outdoor Equipment or Vohk about drop in kit options for clutching and fuel controllers.

Ive got a PCV and SLP Pipe for sale if anyone is interested, I'm going to turbo this year so wont need it.

The map I started with was stage 4 and I modified it as I thought it should be.

B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
ive got a friend who can get me the whole slp stage 3 kit without the reeds for about 1500 bucks, that is why i was thinking that route. I am sure the RK 860 is more than that. I know the drop in kit is like 800 and i would still need the pcv and pipe and im sure some clutching.. For me im still kinda leaning towards the slp set up... I just want some hp's.. I hope more people chime in on this too...

B
Sep 23, 2012
Salt Lake City
My 2013 PRO drop in kit with SLP Pipe walked a stage 4kit...I would talk to Guys Outdoor Equipment or Vohk about drop in kit options for clutching and fuel controllers.

Ive got a PCV and SLP Pipe for sale if anyone is interested, I'm going to turbo this year so wont need it.

The map I started with was stage 4 and I modified it as I thought it should be.

did you just have a stock pro with the RK Tek drop in kit? or were you running a pipe as well?

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
he was running the same set up as me dropin kit with pipe and controller,and clutching. you could do the kit with a sleeper head and a used pipe and controller for about 1100.00.plus you get the benefit of new pistons and a much smoother running engine. giddy up:face-icon-small-coo

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
did you just have a stock pro with the RK Tek drop in kit? or were you running a pipe as well?

What MNTCat1 said...SLP Pipe/Can and PCV...I excited to see how this thing pulls with 10lbs of boost behind it:face-icon-small-coo

I would sell my Pipe/Can and PCV for a decent price if you're interested...PM me or call 712-420-5009

Premium Features