• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Speed heel clicker, ?

V
Oct 12, 2009
For my 600 RMK,

any experience with this weight. Information on the website and explanation is very nice.

I want to know if someone have experience with and pro-cons.

Bottom end should be very good with HC, but i'm concern because i like to do slow speed backcountry and need a soft clutching to avoid breaking snow and get stuck really badly. If it' clutch firmly and not slip the belt at all it can be good.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I have it in mine and reqally like it so far. Granted I ahve not tried other kits, but I did notice a good improvement over stock, and is very easy to tune.

The specs that they give you are a joke, I was not even 3/4 throttle and relaized that the thing would spin prob 10krpm with their base. If you get it I can look what I have mine set on, but otherwise I don't remember. Also, the small bolts/pins that come in the kit, if you install them without washers they hit the spider, so mount them backwards in the weights arm, doesn't tell you that in the directions...

I was worried about the fact that they pivot, but have yet to see any problems with them. I would next like to experiment with the secondary yet with these weights, but I do like the kit so far.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I've been running the Heel Clicker Drag and Fly weights. Similar idea just without the pivot. The nice thing with a heavy heel weight is that you can control engagement pressure with the outer/pivot arm. I clutch very heavy and with the ability to adjust the engagement it is smooth as silk with no trenching. Yet it still has the pull of a Ski Doo clutch. Found that you didn't need the steeper angle helix when doing it this way either.
As Rob stated you do need to check clearance. I believe he recommends every bolt to have a washer. I know I made a few trips to the hardware store to get the right combination.
If you don't balance the weight on both sides I noticed a small notch starting to form on the contact surface of the weight.
I would also take a serious look at Thunder Products Heavy Hitters. Look a little easier to tune and I'm lead to think their materials may be a little stronger.

V
Oct 12, 2009
Nice answer,look like a good product. What i'm looking for is a very smooth cluthing for slow tree riding and hit hard when i need instant punch!

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Nice answer,look like a good product. What i'm looking for is a very smooth cluthing for slow tree riding and hit hard when i need instant punch!

Adjust for your smooth engagement with the pivot arm. Then place the majority of your weight in the center location. This should give you a very hard up shift.

The drag and fly weights have an overdrive location too. Just to make things complicated right! :D I need to check my actual weights now, but I think the tip is empty as I needed just a few more rpm. I'm guessing with the motor changes this year that I will be back to the drawing board. I may try the heavy hitters as a comparison measure too.

T
Nov 28, 2007
My experiance with the 2 speeds were alright but....... mine along with two friends had the moving arm seize up after 500 or so miles. Theirs happened first and had them exchanged for dragonflies . When mine went a few weeks after, I phoned and he said he had never heard of this problem LOL! Needless to say, he sent me a brand new set free of charge. The weights are the BEST I've tried for 700 feet of drag race , but when playing in deeper snow they shifted up way to quick so performance in that respect sucked.
The seizing wasn't due to not maintenance as I clean the components regularly.

Premium Features