• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: TETHER ADAPTER FOR THE 850-AXYS TO CAT MAGNETIC

That doesn't look like a regular Deutch connector on the AC tether side,..

The plug on the back side of tether is totally different than the Deutch Connector, special locking sealed plug. Also testing shows wiring into tether requires the correct wire sequence in order to work. Testing was not easy when it comes to allowing me to test on a BRAND new 850.

F9777,.. retract your negative rating.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
N2N

Where you putting tether? I figure by the time my sled shows up it'll be time to winterize it, so you're gonna have to do the dirty work on this one all by your lonesome.

Actually ..... with the Canada Post rotating strike in full swing.....all this this stuff might show up about the same time next spring!!!!

Might keep the T3 a bit longer :face-icon-small-win

OTM

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
What is the type of connector for the back of the switch. I have everything else. I just have not being able to source that specific connector on the back of the switch

I also have everything else. Someone must know what type of connector fits into the back of the cat tether. With the Canada post rotating strikes who knows when I would receive the kit that Klim-in is selling would arrive, I don't mind paying for his kit, problem is I need a tether on a short timeline. Anyone?

Last edited:
N
Dec 19, 2010
N2N

Where you putting tether? I figure by the time my sled shows up it'll be time to winterize it, so you're gonna have to do the dirty work on this one all by your lonesome.

Actually ..... with the Canada Post rotating strike in full swing.....all this this stuff might show up about the same time next spring!!!!

Might keep the T3 a bit longer :face-icon-small-win

OTM

Putting it on the 850 that showed up yesterday haha

Will post pics of install.

Mine came in less than 2 weeks.

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
I also have everything else. Someone must know what type of connector fits into the back of the cat tether. With the Canada post rotating strikes who knows when I would receive the kit that Klim-in is selling would arrive, I don't mind paying for his kit, problem is I need a tether on a short timeline. Anyone?

Im sorry you guys have to deal with the USPS strike up there, Trust me when I say the plug used on the back of the Magnetic tethers where not easy to find. It took my distributor over two weeks to locate the ones I have. Not only did I get the plugs but I was forced to buy 2500 of them in order to get the one I originally wanted and none where located in the US, had to get from the UK.

Couple places in the US sells them but none on hand and won't have any on hand till after December as per my distributor.

Ive been doing Auto Body and paint for 30 years, trust me when I say that dam plug even gave me run for my money.

Have your buddies do a group buy on my harnesses and combine shipping and it should only take a few days to get to ya. Fedex at about $35 bucks US 4 guys got harnesses in 4 days. less than $9 per person shipping.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Its a great design tether by AC, they did good with this item and its crazy how long they where on back order made it very hard to get testing done due to that.

So far all testing we have done both on Yamaha's and Polaris 850's are doing great, we will be doing some testing on 2016 Polaris's and as many as I can test and still be able to ride this year myself. LOL
Im currently working on setting someone up right now in Canada to buy a bulk of harnesses to sell up in Canada to save people who live their shipping cost.
Stay tuned.

Did you ever get someone set up in Canada?

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Klim-In

Great setup. Installed your adapter and the AC tether last week pretty much in the same place as N2N. Fits well there and you're right....that magnet is strong.

The connector on the AC tether is different....something I've never seen before..and I've seen quite a few on cars/trucks/mobile equipment.

I'm still trying to figure out how to release the connector on back of the tether, but hopefully won't have to do that for a while yet!!

Great design and many thanks.

OTM

Premium Features