• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 dragon randomly won't start.

S
Feb 4, 2018
I bought the sled and it ran fine. I took it up north and sunk it by accident. got all the water out and it ran fine afterwords.

A couple weeks later it died on me after I filled the tank up. It would run for a couple of seconds then just die. So I started draging it home with my other sled. halfway back I randomly decided to try again. Boom starts 1st pull runs the rest of the night fine.

It contains to run for a couple of weeks then all our snow melts at one point I left it for 2 weeks and it started up fine like normal.

Today I got to start it and nothing not even a shudder. I checked and it has good spark.

My guess is water in the fuel lines?
im bringing it inside tonight to thought out.
What should I look for thanks!

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Pull ecu and put it in a bag of rice. Just like one would do with a drowned phone. Lol
Could have moister in there....

N
Dec 31, 2008
I was having similar issue with 08 700. Above 20°F it would start fine. Leave out and get it to about 0 and it was stone dead. There was moisture in the connectors on the ECU. Blew them off and lots of dielectric grease. So far so good. Took to the dealer as I was out of ideas. They had seen it before.

Premium Features