• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Posting your introduction.

M

Mark S Martin

Feb 7, 2011
Information 800 XP

I am new to this site and have been a ski- doo fan since 1996, have a new 2013 800XM and love it. My son has a 2008 XP 800 with 8000 plus kilometers, cooked a piston on the weekend. What is the best way to go with New engine, rebuilt long block, or re piston old block?

R
Feb 21, 2013

Hello,
New member here. I am from the Chitcago area and have been sledding for the past 5 years (used to sled in mid 80's but new job and marriage changed all that). I currently own 2 sleds, a Polaris fusion 900 and a Ski Doo MXZ 600, that I picked up used.
Unfortunately both are under repair, the Polaris needed new rear suspension and track and the Ski Doo has a warped head cover, which I learned of AFTER my teenage son ran it dry on coolant and brought it to my attention when the motor would only idle and stalled upon acceleration. Just rec'd the 'new'(used from E-tay) cover.
Getting my butt back in gear to get them fixed since the BIG storm is coming. I've been watching the forum on this site for some time and am impressed with the input from its knowledgeable members.
Looking forward to posting and getting some input on repairs.

U
Feb 26, 2013
SnoWest Members.

When your ready to make "your" introduction, take a couple minutes and tell us something about yourself.
You know, the standards.
Who, What, Where, When and Why.

Post it as a NEW THREAD, not as a reply to someone else's thread. That way we will have an opportunity to reply to YOU and not to everyone else in the thread.

With over 33,000 members on SnoWest, I hope to see this as a busy forum!

hi want to know some opions about 03 rx1 snowmobile

motodad383

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
NEW/OLD MEMBER

HI, I'm Motodad383. Just became a premium member earlier this year, but been on here for awhile. I live north of Duluth, MN. and I am loyal to Polaris, no matter how many engines have failed me in the last year. Ride a 2010 Assault, soon to be traded on a 2014 Assault. My son rides a 2011 pro 800. And we have the ever faithfull 06 600 switchback. Spent 10yrs hauling my son around the state to race MX. As he got older I started taking him out west to ride, and now don't even care to ride back home. Been riding since 1971 and am proud to have put my son on a kitty cat in 1993 at 2yrs. old. We've been riding together ever since. What a great sport! Thanks for reading, see you in the POWDER!:tongue:

P
Oct 27, 2013
hello guys, I just bought a PRO RMK Polaris 800 and want to join your community. I want to learn more about how to mailtain that mashine in a good shape without any troubles

P
Oct 27, 2013
I am from Canada , live in Calgary/
Been sledding for more then 10 years, had Polaris XLT 600, Polaris SKS 700 2001, Polaris RMK 700 2003.
Now bought a PRO RMK 800, love how the sled looks, however heard not so many good thing s about new LIBERTY motor, so why I am here.

SwedenPro

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2013
Sweden
Hi, I'm from up north in Norway, above the Arctic Circle, but I live in Sweden, been here for 12 years, I have just bought a -14 RMK800, was planning on a Pro, but after the information I've gathered here I ended up with a non Pro... I've been a Yamaha rider for most of my life, had a quick date with AC in -95, but went back to Yamaha, haven't even sat on the RMK before I got it, last Poo I have driven was an -88 Indy Trail, but I guess things have changed since then....
I'm still waiting for the snow as most of the members here do...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2014
It's been a long time.

Hello. Name is Matt and live in Seattle area and work where they make big things that fly. Have a big family that i'd like to share the sport with. The last time I did a lot of riding was 1979 and 80 in my early twenty's. Those machines were early mid 70's Artic cats and a friend bought a new 1980 Yamaha water-cooled machine that we tried to top out up on Table Mtn. It was a blast then but it looks like the machines are a little better now?
I'm trying to figure out the advantage of long track like 162 that take more power to run and are heavier but have a good footprint for traction vs. shorter track and more maneuverable for mountain sleds. Love the ability to run in deep snow but what's the best way to go?

Thanks Christopher for the nice introduction!

Last edited:
P
Feb 24, 2014
AB
Hi my name is Dan. I'm from lethbridge alberta 3rd year of sledding and I think I'm addicted !!! I own an 03 rmk 800 159twins 03rmk 800151 stock 03 rmk 136 700

P
Nov 19, 2014
new guy

just bought 2014 800 pro.seeing what is good and bad about it.going to take care of some cardboard wax and go.thanks for the pointers

Hi, my name is Dave from MN. Been riding for 25 years or so. Current sled is Yamaha srx 600 (wifes sled) and my 09 Polaris iqr that will be getting some mods after this winter. I've had a 09 summit 154, 04 900 mountain cat and a 02 Yamaha mountain max 700

Snoman 60

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2008
I am riding a 13 pro 800 live near mt.Shasta not many gromed trails love it. I am 69 years still love performance been rideing for 40 years

D
Oct 19, 2014
Jackson,Wi
:welcome:Hello fellow riders. My name is Jeff. I m from Wi.. I average 2000-2500 miles a season. I love this sport. I have 3 sleds,a Triton V 12 enclosed & can t wait for the snow to fly. I m in a local club. I do all my own repairs & maintenance.
Just so you know I m a member on HCS & m a avid poster for 2 years now.
I own a independent forklift service,sales,parts,rental company. I m an entrepreneur & we are celebrating are 20th year in business.

Premium Features