• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product - Now in Stock Scratchers

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
I like the ski mount for a couple of reasons , standard rail mounts miss half the skid (hyfax). The pro has a small enough cooling system as is. Add a turbo and your asking more of the cooling system. So the additional scratchers help out.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I like the ski mount for a couple of reasons , standard rail mounts miss half the skid (hyfax). The pro has a small enough cooling system as is. Add a turbo and your asking more of the cooling system. So the additional scratchers help out.

This is the advantage I was talking about. More snow to more areas of the rear suspension and tunnel for cooling.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Who is the forum member that makes these? If memory serves, is it Over The Top Racing or something like that?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's what I thought too, but nothing like that coming up in the user search.

Y
Jan 29, 2008
Newberry, MI
For those that have experience with the ski mounted versions of these, how are they holding up? Any negative effects to the ski like torn or cracked plastics where the bolt hole is drilled? Do they get caught on anything?

A
Nov 21, 2015
Alaska
I would suggest Ice Storm start utilizing stronger mounting bolts. I snapped mounting bolts two different times off the rails of my Indy 800 SP this season. I never hit anything, as I was running on a lake surface each time. Luckily I was able to find the scratchers, and ended up replacing stock bolts with stronger aircraft grade bolts. No problems since then.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I would suggest Ice Storm start utilizing stronger mounting bolts. I snapped mounting bolts two different times off the rails of my Indy 800 SP this season. I never hit anything, as I was running on a lake surface each time. Luckily I was able to find the scratchers, and ended up replacing stock bolts with stronger aircraft grade bolts. No problems since then.

Good info. This is the first I've heard of the bolt breaking.

Premium Features