• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RECALL...Well it should be

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
This is NOT a recall that I know of but it should be!!!

My throttle stuck wide open today. What happened is; the sticky stuff on the back of the thumb warmer is like a double sided tape and the factory leaves the protective side on, I think mine came off. Either way the thumb warmer backing is sticky. When the grip warmers are on the thumb warmer with the sticky backing sticks to the warm grip. I hit kill switch multipule in some pretty bad situations.

Check yours!!! Beware!!!

W

wyodragon

Dec 8, 2009
lack of tether

Just another reason that all snowmachines should have a factory installed tether. In particular one that they call a PRO. I think semi pro would have been a more appropriate name. I own one so I can #$tch all I want about it.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
Just another reason that all snowmachines should have a factory installed tether. In particular one that they call a PRO. I think semi pro would have been a more appropriate name. I own one so I can #$tch all I want about it.

for a little extra you're pro you own can have one of these. plug it in and go. i agree with what you're saying the performance based sleds all used to come with one. i put it on so the engine wouldn't be running when the sled went down the hill without me. i also removed the kill switch so when i lean over the hood to see if it's still there i don't shut the sled off, and wanted a tether since i took that switch off as well.

IMAG0049.jpg

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Going off memory here but isn't the Pro thumb heater foam (tape) the same as every other generation Polaris? Weird your backing came off. Must have been scary. Some duct tape on the back side should fix it up while in the field.

N
Dec 7, 2007
checked mine today when out on a ride, and it was only a small piece that was still adhered, pulled it off and wiped a little oil on it, and no more sticky.

Premium Features