• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Christmas present to me

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
are those 08 rmks with 09 dragon hoods?

Nice fleet. I wish i had a short tracker. Nothing is more fun on the set up snow. How do you like it so far?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Pence, WI

Nice fleet. I wish i had a short tracker. Nothing is more fun on the set up snow. How do you like it so far?

Thanks

I only have 105 miles on it so far and am still running initial suspension adjustments. Front end is hunting on hard pack which I wasn't expecting. I had the prototype Rush ride in Feb 09 and don't remember experiencing that then. Remember I'm a flatlander so 90 % of my riding is on trails. I go about 325 lbs suited up and the dealer cranked the main spring to the max which is only rated to 250 lbs but the sled feels stiff at that rating. This also produces a lot of ski pressure. All the clickers he set at 4 except the front track which is set at 6. Yesterday I put a set of my Simmons Gen ! skis on it and it did reduce the hunting but it was still there. Those skis on the Edge chassis would totally eliminate hunting. They did eliminate the slight outside ski lift that I was having when powering through tight corrners and I like the stability they add with having the carbides on the outter edge. I couldn't believe how much harder they made it to turn the bars though. Must be do to the different spindle angle as compared to the Edge.

Engine and clutch performance is very responsive. I haven't really pushed it yet. It feels comparable to my 09 600 Swtbk which will pull 8350 and I have seen 99 mph with on a lake. All and all I am pleased with it so far. Oh on first tank refill was slightly under 10 mpg. Swtch is getting 13 to 15`.

Hope someone out there buys my Rmk, before the warrantee runs out next March, while there is still time to add the extended plan. It really doesn't get enough use around here.

Happy New Year

02172010 001.jpg 02172010 022.jpg

S
Nov 28, 2007
Pence, WI

The Swtbk is an 09 the RMK is 08 with 09 hood Polaris set it up that way as a show machine for 09. It actually had 800 decals on it and a polished tunnel.

I bought it because it matched the Swtcbk and I wanted a 700

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
The Swtbk is an 09 the RMK is 08 with 09 hood Polaris set it up that way as a show machine for 09. It actually had 800 decals on it and a polished tunnel.

I bought it because it matched the Swtcbk and I wanted a 700

Intresting. did you buy it from polaris?

Premium Features