• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 vs. Sno Pro vs. ETech

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Hmmm M8Chris... I wonder if you know where these sleds are made?...

Everyone with the exception of yamaha is manufactured in the EAST!....
I am willing to bet that a few of the designers and some of the testers are from the east like F###ing Minnesota!...

Sleds may be built there, but they are developed in the West.

How many flatlanders take trips to the West?

Ever heard of someone from the mountains going on sledding vacation in the flatlands???? 100mph to the next bar whoopee.... F**K THAT!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
a real sledder likes riding trails or mountains.heck,the trails are where the pro shines.:)

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Snowmobiler, I have seen a lot of your posts in the past and I think you have already proven to us your intelligence level.......
So anytime you would like to improve your posts to something more than just a put down that would be appreciated.

If you have some info related to this comparison thread then share your experiences.

Otherwise "stop whining or go sit in the truck"

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Hmmm M8Chris... I wonder if you know where these sleds are made?...

Everyone with the exception of yamaha is manufactured in the EAST!....
I am willing to bet that a few of the designers and some of the testers are from the east like F###ing Minnesota!...

In college, I had a Nissan car. I've still never been to Japan and I bet 99.9% of the people involved in making my car have never been to Colorado. :face-icon-small-con

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
LOL.most are stating my experiances.sorry to hear you dont like them.that last post was for the flatlander bashers.maybe get a sence of humor too.to much stress is not a good thing:)

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
ok Kids.. Settle Down..

We ALL Want to Ride.. Where we are from shouldn't matter! We ride on the same White Stuff??? Don't we?? Maybe just some area are deeper and steeper than others..

Wow, These Poo guys are sure sensitive.Anything said sure causes a Ruckass.And the moderators are the worst and delete anything that rubs them wrong!.I answered a post once " What to do when you Poo dies along side the trail} And I simply responded you do what you have always have done and Bury you Poo,That way no one will step in it. .It was deleted..Chill Guys

Last edited:

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
They sure are sensitive. I guess I would be too if I had spent $11,000 for a new Pro with 20 less horsepower than an M8 or an E-Tec.

Last edited:

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I just laugh!!! Wow!! There is definetly some stress in this post. I've owned them all and I like one brand better than the others because is fit's my riding the best. If we were all the same then there would only be one brand out there making sleds and it would be only made in one size fits all. I am sure somebody like Burandt could highmark most of us 800+ cc boys while riding a 600 cc sled. So what's the point? Buy what you like, like what you buy. If you don't like it, buy something else.

I belong to couple other Forumn's and it sure is funny how much internal bashing goes on here at snowest. We all love sleds and if it wasn't for brand competition we would all still be riding the old Kawasaki 440 Intrigers. Thumbs up to all the brands for making the market produce a sled as good as the 2011 models.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I just laugh!!! Wow!! There is definetly some stress in this post. I've owned them all and I like one brand better than the others because is fit's my riding the best. If we were all the same then there would only be one brand out there making sleds and it would be only made in one size fits all. I am sure somebody like Burandt could highmark most of us 800+ cc boys while riding a 600 cc sled. So what's the point? Buy what you like, like what you buy. If you don't like it, buy something else.

I belong to couple other Forumn's and it sure is funny how much internal bashing goes on here at snowest. We all love sleds and if it wasn't for brand competition we would all still be riding the old Kawasaki 440 Intrigers. Thumbs up to all the brands for making the market produce a sled as good as the 2011 models.

x2, in the last 3 years i've had a summit, m8 and an IQ RMK now a Pro RMK, i threw away my brand specific jackets years ago.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
They sure are sensitive. I guess I would be too if I had spent $11,000 for a new Pro with 20 less horsepower than an M8 or an E-Tec.

Or imagine if u shelled out 2 grand more for something else and got beat by a forementioned sled running 20 less hp, ....and u look down u still got carbueretors, torsion springs and crappy clutching. Wow, now that would suck I bet. I'm not so sure those poo guys are sensitive, methinks they might be just kinda ......giggling.

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
I dont see why people care what others ride, especially when none of you probably ride together. I could see arguing about this maybe if your buddy on the pro was holding you back because they are such a terrible sled (sarcasm), and if he was on an etech or m8 he would hang fine. However that is not the case, everyone is bashing other peoples sleds because they have nothing better to do I guess. As far as people making comments about pro owners being "sensitive", I think we all get a little sensitive when people bash stuff we bought with our hard earned money. BTW I do not own a pro, etech, or m8. I have a 2010 dragon 800 so if any cat or skidoo owner would like to make fun of my sled feel free, cause I really dont care what you and your immature self think :face-icon-small-hap. Sorry for the rant, but people should grow up.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
sorry fellas, I'm out of this debate cause we're at 75 posts. Too bad, u guys were learning. LOL

H
Feb 16, 2009
well well well, with 20 hoseess less and still kinda like hangin with or did I hear beating up on the rest.

I couldn't imagine that.

A few more rides out for me, then I will have found the winner.

Things I will look for , deep powder 3'-4' still climbing...

I don't own either of the sleds.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
When I rode a 700 I told all my buddies that had 800's that they better always be 100cc's better wherever we go. We don't compete, but it was a gesture meaning that if my 700 can do it, your 800 better do it that much better. If my 800 has 20 less HP, then your 20+ 800 better be that much better!

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
How poor of a rider do you have to be to have a hard time sidehilling an xp?
If the skill level is that low people shouldn't be on any new 800.
No loyalty here just a thought.
Before I ask poo vs doo vs cat, I like to know my sled is running stronger then the like sleds, IF I'm on my 154 xp, when a 154 xp pulls up I'd hope to believe I'm going to out pull him because of set up. Same when I was on a polaris or if I ever buy a cat. Gota know where you stand in you own camp before you try to take any other brand on!
I could tell xp beats xp stories all day long. no one gives a hoot.
Its all in getting power to the ground.
I'll fall back on back when cat first came out with the 800 twin with the bigger power numbers and the poo 700's were still getting up and over better!
Now that was ten years ago but I think anyone that was ridding then will agree. could be the same with the pro?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I've been reading a lot of comparisons of the Pro Ride vs. the Etech's but not so much about the M8's. How do they all stack up? The cat's have been pretty strong for several years. Are they falling behind?

Had to look back at where this post started before it took on a life of it's own.

I own a Pro, I love it.

I live in the mountains, I would move if I didn't.

I just rode with an M8 and it went places I couldn't go-- not because of machine, but the other rider was so much better. My Pro helped me hang a little better because it is so easy to ride. I love my Pro.
There, I said it, my biggest limitation is my skill set. I ride all I can and try and get better. I feel my Pro has helped my riding take a huge step forward this year. I love my Pro.

How good is the Pro?.... So good that a whole group of trolls have banded together and camped in the Pro section, simply to tell us what a piece of **** our sled is, how we got ripped off, how their sled is so much better. These same trolls must lay awake at night mumbling to themselves " brand x is the best, brand x is the best, brand x 'owns the mountains' blah,blah,blah"

Back to topic: Has the M8 fallen back this year?
No, it is still the same great sled it was last year. It's just the Pro has made a leap forward. You asked this question in the Pro section so I would expect you'd hear a lot of positive about the Pro. Read what the guys who have been riding M8s have to say. There are a lot of former M8 riders on Pros this year.

I'm happy to say that none of my friends that ride Ski Doos sound anything like the guys that are beating the ski doo drum on here...... Phew!

Last edited:
S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
All 3 sleds are great sleds, all have pros and cons, and in my opinion all 3 companies are close to even performance in the mountain market right now. That being said guys that are brand loyal and are never ever going to switch companies because your cat, doo, or polaris glasses are to thick, please stay in your brands section and start a post called brand loyal irrelevent opinions. I go to the mountains 4 times a year and i use snowest to get educated opinions to help me buy the best sled on the market to make my 4 short trips as enjoyable as possible.

Premium Features