• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Hood Push Pins!

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
If you are a working on your Pro your self...

Going to need these!

Or Want to take off your hood for a Repair..

The Pro Hood Has two Push Pins.. holding it on..

# 665-2388

$ 4.99 for a bag of 7 Qty

Keep them coming...

Just getting the word out...

Also Napa Has the style of a Phillips head and a screw... for the guys that don't like the OEM style Push Pins!

#665-2399

$4.99 a bag of 7

Thanks Guys

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Is there any way to use a thumbscrew like folks use on the IQ side panels to hold the rear portion of the hood on so you don't need a tool to remove the hood?

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Ya.. You do need a Torx 40 To Take the Hood off..

Yes.. if you took those bolts out and put 6m X 1.0 Thumb Screws.. It would work!

Keeps the ideas Coming!

thanks matt

FTX made some nice ones that you didnt need a screw driver. The head was raised and very grippy...think those are the same tread patteren?

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Those thumb screws are a great idea.
NapaMatt does napa carry those rubber grommet plugs for those two holes in the front bulkhead?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I had the same push pins on my turbo nytro and never had any problem with them. When I put the bigger tank on I had to go to a thumb screw that was more of a pain than the push pins and you had to worry about dropping them. I will stick to the push pins.

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
You could also change the rear hood screws over to these and at least then you would be using an allen instead of torx-every one carries allen wrenches right?!

like I said-the biggest reason I do it is so the panels stay tight-those push rivets don't seem to do the job very well.

curt

misc 085.jpg misc 086.jpg

B

benny7cfan

Sep 11, 2009
MN
Any alternative solutions to the side panel metal twist pins. It looks like replacement cost is $10 for the pin and retainer. I need four of them to mount my new side panels. I may end up pulling them off the old panels but was hoping to just buy new but not at that price.

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
Had my hood off at least 10 times last winter and those push pins still work just fine! Just use a little care and they should last.

Same here. I took my pro hood off the otherday and the trick is to just push out the platic push rivets with something small like a tiny screw driver from the back out. They will go in and out all the time no problem. No need to buy a bunch extra if your careful.

Premium Features