• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro-motion like rear suspension pivot - who made this? Picture attached...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Trying to find out more about this rear skid T-motion / Pro-motion style kit, need to know who makes it. I am trying to exchange skid parts with a guy who has this setup and I need to know what all parts we need to exchange. Looks like the complete rear scissor, there are scissor stops on this as well, and the shaft below the rear shock appears to have a hiem joint (sp?) or something on it...

If I can find the manufacturer's web site, or instructions / packing list, I can figure it out. Not an ice age pro-motion for sure, checked out some of hte similar stuff I am able to find using google, maybe my search terms for google aren't good enough to help me refine my search but so far I am coming up with nothing.

ANY help appreciated. Already sent the guy my lower scissor assembly, need to know if I just ask him to send it back or what additional parts to send him and have him send me...

Attachments

• 28500067_10216012395167870_22905238_o.jpg
    28500067_10216012395167870_22905238_o.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 95

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
That's pretty unique never seen one, wonder if its Homemade nice job tho.

I have the Iceage Pro motion in my 12 Pro and really like it, I put Tmotion skid in my Skidoo Rev in 2013 and that was a noticeable I feel no ill effects with Pro motion on trail and we haul *** on trail and thru corners and my sled has Zbros 36in front end made my own swaybar disconnect that's where you feel a big difference is whether the swaybar is attached or not

Got me curious what yours is

Wildcard

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I am wondering too, still searching on google but not finding anything definitive so far, wondering if it is some company that isn't making them any more, I have noticed for example that Holz drops things off their website pretty quickly like the console vent kit I bought is no longer on there at all... I'll keep searching but hoping the snowest community comes up with something so I can decide if I can move forward with the swap or not and what parts are needed to be sent... if we start having to swap shocks that will be a no-go (I like my snowcheck clickers). The other parts so far have come from a spare Pro skid I parted out...

If this were a true pro-motion from ice age the lower scissor parts I sent him would have done the trick. Bummer.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
stock rear shocks don't have heims. the strut rod that follows under the shock isn't stock either both ends don't have heims and rod looks smaller on mine just went out and looked, do you have a pic of the side of the skid that would help identify better, hope others chime in on this very interesting.

Lower scissor looks like the pro and the stops front of it probably control skid dropout probably just drilled the rails to install ,rails appear stock design

The rear arm appears to be same design as the stock rear except the bottom plate that holds the Big Heim. wonder if that was just added to a stock arm.

Good Luck, Wildcard

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
stock rear shocks don't have heims. the strut rod that follows under the shock isn't stock either both ends don't have heims and rod looks smaller on mine just went out and looked, do you have a pic of the side of the skid that would help identify better, hope others chime in on this very interesting.

Lower scissor looks like the pro and the stops front of it probably control skid dropout probably just drilled the rails to install ,rails appear stock design

The rear arm appears to be same design as the stock rear except the bottom plate that holds the Big Heim. wonder if that was just added to a stock arm.

Good Luck, Wildcard
I wish I did. It is still on the guy's sled (and he is out of my area) since he can't switch it out until he has all the replacement parts, and I can't be sure exactly what he needs without some kind of instruction sheet or parts list...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I can’t see the pics real good however, is it possible this is a kit that Tom’s Snowmobile used to sell (or maybe still does??)???

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I can’t see the pics real good however, is it possible this is a kit that Tom’s Snowmobile used to sell (or maybe still does??)???
I looked at their site and only found Skidoo related products but maybe I should dig deeper, like if they have PDFs of install documents or replacement parts...

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Mystery solved...

Mystery solved, turns out it is a custom t-motion like setup done for the personal sled of a well known aftermarket manufacturer who then sold the sled to the person I am swapping parts with... so I need to send him the complete rear scissor assembly with shock rod and I'm good to go.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
... but why is he wanting to get rid of it?
... why does there only appear to be one of these floating around?
... does it actually work?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
... but why is he wanting to get rid of it?
... why does there only appear to be one of these floating around?
... does it actually work?
I suspect, much like the pro-motion, some like it and some do not like it, depends on your riding style and skill level with the chassis I suppose. Since I happen to have the parts to trade the current owner, I thought why not give it a try...

Premium Features