• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Engine Rebuild -long post-

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Old indys never die, you just got to throw a crank in them now and again. :face-icon-small-ton

I just reread some of that thread again, makes me laugh every time. "visegrips are not a tool" I just lost the outer race on the bearing on the rear door of my livestock trailor. I loaded a bull (that took a shovel and a fairly big disagreement) and as I tried to slide the fnging door shut it jammed, that is until the bull turned around and came back out it sending it and me flying. So upon inspecting what the f just happened here I realized the entire outer race, all the balls, seals and one of the carriers are gone. All these bearings do is run back and forth on a flat surface holding up about a 50lb door, how is it possible to have a bearing fall apart so badly doing that? Maybe I should send my door down to IndyDan, I wonder if he would give me the 3 year warrenty on it??

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Quitter

Decided to call it quits with this sled. I'm young, have no responsibilities but myself, time for a new toy:face-icon-small-hap. It was fun though! If anyone is looking for parts I'm parting out the old beast. Most things are modded in some way, so I'm open to offers on everything. Detailed listing found in the link on my signature.

Premium Features