• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil-lamp

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
Hi! I've been troubled with the oil-lamp on my brand new PRO.
From time to time it start lightning, and it stucks on until I stop the engine and start it again, then it disappears. I've checked the wiring, it seems fine. And the oil-tank is all filled up.
Does anybody else have this problem?
I've also had a few "bogs" with the engine; the engine wouldn't get any high rpm, just enough to go slow forward, and I got the deT-failure on the "screen", i stopped the engine, gave it a brake for about 30secs, and started it, then it was all fine again; no failure code or anything.

Sorry for my bad norw-english! :p

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
With the oil light...

The sensor for the low oil light is in the front of the tank.. so even if you have the tank 3/4 full and you pull a wheelie.. the oil light will come on.. FYI just keep filling oil tank!

Hmm.. I stopped at flatland to check if the tank was empty (it wasn't), and the lamp stayed on until I restarted the engine. :face-icon-small-dis

A

allpowersports

Det, anyone else?

Hi! I've been troubled with the oil-lamp on my brand new PRO.
From time to time it start lightning, and it stucks on until I stop the engine and start it again, then it disappears. I've checked the wiring, it seems fine. And the oil-tank is all filled up.
Does anybody else have this problem?
I've also had a few "bogs" with the engine; the engine wouldn't get any high rpm, just enough to go slow forward, and I got the deT-failure on the "screen", i stopped the engine, gave it a brake for about 30secs, and started it, then it was all fine again; no failure code or anything.

Sorry for my bad norw-english! :p

I have an similar problem on my RMK ASSAULT
I have 6,5h on it now, it started after 2,4h. I ride from sea level up to 3500ft and its bone stock.
When I start driving up the hill first ride of the day and passing 1000ft it goes in to limp mode with det code on the display. It happens 3-4 times and then runs like a charm until I goes below 1000ft and heads up the hill again, then det code and in to limp again but only 1 or 2 times.
As for fuel I run non ethanol European 98 oct, its equal to us non ethanol premium.
I ride in Norway so I don't know if we have a different mapping compare to us models.
Any one else that have encounterd this? Ya and the low oil lamp also fu#ks with me after drops/jumps even with full oil.

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
I have an similar problem on my RMK ASSAULT
I have 6,5h on it now, it started after 2,4h. I ride from sea level up to 3500ft and its bone stock.
When I start driving up the hill first ride of the day and passing 1000ft it goes in to limp mode with det code on the display. It happens 3-4 times and then runs like a charm until I goes below 1000ft and heads up the hill again, then det code and in to limp again but only 1 or 2 times.
As for fuel I run non ethanol European 98 oct, its equal to us non ethanol premium.
I ride in Norway so I don't know if we have a different mapping compare to us models.
Any one else that have encounterd this? Ya and the low oil lamp also fu#ks with me after drops/jumps even with full oil.

That's the exact same problem as I got! Described on a better way! :p
I ride in Norway to, it may be as you said; maybe we do have a different mapping.
I also think my Assault runs much better and seems alot faster and stronger at right above sea level, compared to how it works around 1500 - 2000ft.
Allpowersports, do you experience the same as me at that levels?

R
Apr 12, 2010
Norway
Hi,
No mine seems to pull strong @3000ft, 8200 rpm on climbs from 2000-3000ft.
Where are you riding?
Maybe it just felt like that due to different snow type at sea level compared to the snow higher up in the mountains. :)
At this moment I've only had the opportunity to ride on the meadows outside my house north for Bodø, and in the mountains around there, it's not totally legal, but, I can't stop my self! :p The place is named Kobbelv (in Sørfold kommune).
I use to do most of my riding at the border to Sweden, near Saltdal kommune.
(Merkenes -> Norrbotten -> Sweden). :)
Where do you ride? :)

Premium Features