• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 vs. Sno Pro vs. ETech

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
sorry about the long rant most guys opinions are good but some are rediculous

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
went from 05 skidoo rev, to 08 xp... HATED THE P.O.S XP .. so i sold it.. bought a tm8.. decided it wasnt a spring sled so i bought an 07 rev.. All my buddies are die hard doo, have new e-tecs.. my other friend bought a pro...

i have ridden both e-tecs and pros... i have seen them climb side by side, and unlike others im not going to say the xp is better. but the pro is defineately not better than the xp.. i agree the pro is the best polaris has done, its a fun sled with good power, it sidehills and it is nimble.. the xp is a whole new animal in 2011, i can sit in one spot and spin tight circles, something that would have been impossible on my 08..

i agree the xp has had its problems and people will play off of that.. polaris hit it on the head with the pro first try.. thats to say if the motors dont go cablammo, like the polaris's are prone too.

i hope the pro lasts, and i hope that doo's and poo's can live in peace.. but to say one is better than the other is nonsense, the poo is not above the xp neither is xp above the poo..

you can either be inexperienced and look good on the poo, or you can be experienced and do amazing things with both.. that being said i dont think the poo lives up to its hype, maybe because i am already comforatable on the doo, its a good sled but its not amazing.. ill stick with doo for now.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
How poor of a rider do you have to be to have a hard time sidehilling an xp?

I have to ask just how blindly brand-loyal you have to be to want to sidehill an XP when either the Pro, M-series, or even IQ will do it so much easier. I like to say "Ride smarter, not harder". Seems most Doo faithful do the opposite.

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
I have to ask just how blindly brand-loyal you have to be to want to sidehill an XP when either the Pro, M-series, or even IQ will do it so much easier. I like to say "Ride smarter, not harder". Seems most Doo faithful do the opposite.

Haha the last Brand loyal I did or will ever do was get a 900rmk in 05.
Opened my eyes to other sleds when I was getting doubled out on a rev when the chopper was heading for the 900.
I`m not sure what I said that was RARARA ski-doo.
I think I`ll be back on a Polaris next year (I did have a good ten years with poo`s before a couple doo`s), might even get the wife one if they get the 600 in the pro. I`ve never had a cat, but I`ll give one a try if they step up a notch. I don`t think I wan`t a four stroke yet so no yami.
I got my xp going good but will never trust the tra crap like the polaris stuff! Once you are set up on most polaris your done, seems like a never ending thing with the tra, tune, adjust, rebuild...............
I`ve seen you side hill your 900 so you would be able to sidehill the xp from smithers to hinton without breakin a sweat!!
Are you guys going to make smithers this year

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Geez, 2 pages of mostly bogus BS. Who really gives a s*** what anyone rides. As long as we're out on the white and having fun, that's really all that counts. If you don't like the sled that someone else is riding, then don't ride with 'em. Everyone pays good money for their sleds, regardless of what brand it is, so enjoy the ride while you can.

D

detz1000

Dec 1, 2008
MN
Every sled can be handleled very well if thats all you ride.Get used to them and you can go anywhere. I ride a Yamaha(heavy) and can keep up inthe trees with the light sleds in the mountains and Im from MN. Last week I rode Etec 154'',Pro 155'',M8 153'' and think there all awsome. I could climb a little farther on the cat but think its the PClaw track. Have a buddy putting one on for next trip so we will see how it works.But my opinion probably wont count since Im from the east and cant ride inthe mountains. Thats the only place I ride is in the Mountains.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Beauford t , no we won't be riding Smithers this year. On another note, I can side hill any IQ (including a 900), M-series, or Pro until I run out of mountain, but I couldn't do it with an XP to save my life. There must be secret classes they give you when you buy an XP.

Premium Features