• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 assault low elevation clutch wieght

T
Nov 26, 2007
oconomowoc,wi
Bought my sled from alpine in kremmling. But live in wisconsin and would like to know what the best weight guys have been using . Also, its been a few years since i changed wights on a polaris. Isn't there a tool that compresses the clutch so u can do it right on the sled ? thanks

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Bought my sled from alpine in kremmling. But live in wisconsin and would like to know what the best weight guys have been using . Also, its been a few years since i changed wights on a polaris. Isn't there a tool that compresses the clutch so u can do it right on the sled ? thanks

Goodwin sells a pry bar designed for the p-85, and a fixture to hold the primary open when you change weights. 10-68's for 0-2000ft.

boondocker rick

Premium Member
Aug 30, 2010
eagle river WI
2011 pro ride 800 clutch weights

I live in WI and have been trying different clutch set ups. I found the 10-68 weights to be a little to light, still running at 8350 rpm. I tried custom ground 69 gram and it helped. I am also trying to load the driven clutch more so I can run a lighter weight. I will report when I get it right

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
I live in WI and have been trying different clutch set ups. I found the 10-68 weights to be a little to light, still running at 8350 rpm. I tried custom ground 69 gram and it helped. I am also trying to load the driven clutch more so I can run a lighter weight. I will report when I get it right

yes.. i am finding same results.. some times now even pulls 8400 8500

report back ... thanks

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

yes.. i am finding same results.. some times now even pulls 8400 8500

report back ... thanks

If you run on really hard packed snow, you will run up against the gears and overrev. Throwing more weight at it seems to be the natural thing to do. Then when you get into some freshies, it will be a little soggy in the middle and not pull good on top. I'm using 11-68's and they seem to work good all around so far even though I will run a little high on the rpms at times.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
If the polaris tach is reading 200 rpms high at max rpm, as reported elsewhere (like doo, its not calibrated at max hp rpm), you should be running 8300+ on the tach to hit 8100+ on the motor. FWIW.

Premium Features