• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brake dragging!

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I know this has to be a common issue, mine does it, the dealer demo does it and others that I have talked to. 300 miles and I have done everything. has anyone "fixed" this problem?

Dealer wants to blead and clean pads, which I have done twice. I refuse to letthis problem cause me to take it in 20 times.

HELP!

The sled is perfect other than that!!

B
Oct 13, 2010
I find mine makes the noise like when brake is applied even when I'm just riding ( sounds kind of like a whirr from a supercharger ) However when I lift it up and gas it doesn't seem to have any drag? I can move by hand easily also and brake rotor is not red hot after riding. Not sure why it just started to make the noise like brake is applied when its not?? approx 12 hrs on sled..started to notice at say 8 hrs. I assume yours actually drags and just doesnt sound like it.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
my does it too. i think most of them are doing it. biggest issue i have really seen with the sled so far. but it doesn't seem to be bad enough to cause any issues rather than an annoying noise. i'd love to have a fix but am just ignoring it until one is found.

pv

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Mine whines all the time, if you have vents in the side panels it's super loud!

I want the damn thing to catch on fire so I can start over again!!:face-icon-small-ton

R

redink420

Feb 6, 2009
I have a whine to mine also but it sounds like it's coming from the clutch side and does vary with engine speed. Any thoughts?

Premium Features