• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS ADJUSTMENT can someone direct to the thread

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Just going to re adjust my TPS again I think it may be a little out of spec having a few small issues that I'm tracing there. Can someone give me the steps again or leave a link to the thread I can't find it. Thanks!

What have you got for symptoms?
Very poor idle quality at a cold start?
A little better idle when warmed up?
Some times it's a bit hard to actuate reverse?
The machine runs great except for the fact it idles low to the point the idash readings go out?
I got new vf3 reeds, new fuel filter, new cylinder and Pistons- first ride out and I'm thinking perhaps I bumped the TPS when it was apart? I'm getting last years fuel dumped and going to check the TPS conection is solid .
I'm thinking TPS adjustment is my starting point .

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
What have you got for symptoms?
Very poor idle quality at a cold start?
A little better idle when warmed up?
Some times it's a bit hard to actuate reverse?
The machine runs great except for the fact it idles low to the point the idash readings go out?
I got new vf3 reeds, new fuel filter, new cylinder and Pistons- first ride out and I'm thinking perhaps I bumped the TPS when it was apart? I'm getting last years fuel dumped and going to check the TPS conection is solid .
I'm thinking TPS adjustment is my starting point .

Vf reeds make low erratic idle.

Vf reeds make low erratic idle.

Good to know that about the vf reeds, it's idling so low that the digital dash goes out until I blip the throttle . I don't recall it doing this before I turned up the oil and that's what has me thinking I knocked the TPS out of whack because that set nut was so tight I may have bent the mechanism resulting in TPS misalighnment ?
First ride Saturday was awesome it's running great but the idle is just to low.

Premium Features