• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Axys 2017 100 mile review

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
So I'm sure you've all read reviews but I'd like to share mine. Sled before was a 15 RMK 800 Pro 155 with stage 2 kit, Raptor shocks, and Kmod a arms set to 38" wide.

New sled 2017 RMK PRO 800 155 Stock pipe currently. Did some grinding on the Kmod a arms where they mount to fit the new sled. Also put the raptors on the new sled after have a shorter eyelet put on the rear track shock.

One more thing to keep in mind I've only rid my 15 from 8k ft to 11k ft. I was riding the 17 at 6 to 8k ft on stock clutch weights. Pulled 8300k rpm. I did a very short break in, just never held it pinned for the first 50 miles, but did a more aggressive break in. Next 50 miles was ride 100% like normal.

This sled is AMAZING. Set up so perfect with the shocks and a arms at 38" wide and sway bar in. Everyone tried my sled and my buddies 16 163 with stock shocks and zbroz 36" a arms. Mine was substantially better, his also had no sway bar.

I could throw side hills with new confidence and get into side hilling way steeper terrain at an even slower controlled speed without getting stuck. I really like the 155s playfulness and happy I went 2.6" lug. We had about 10" of fresh and plenty of good snow in the trees. The motor seemed a good amount better than my 15 too. I was really planning a turbo but think I will just go with a pipe for now and keep 2 year warranty. This sled did everything I needed. With the narrower panels it was so easy to throw it across and grade I wanted. I am not a hill climber but did a couple and it rocked that too. The only thinkg I don't like is how tippy the Axys is on of camber "trail/packed snow". But thats no problem as long as it performs where I need it to. I also rode the 16 and 18 Cats. The 18s had aftermarket fox shocks that were great. These were also good sleds but man do I just feel at home on the axys.

Last edited:
R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
"The motor seemed a good amount better than my 15 too. I was really planning a turbo but think I will just go with a pipe for now and keep 2 year warranty. This sled did everything I needed."

This is exactly how I'm feeling about my holdover 16. So much lighter feeling and more playful overall. I'm putting a hold on the turbo as well and getting an SSI Ti can that's just under 3 lbs and I think it'll feel even better! Lots of fun to be had...:face-icon-small-coo

Nov 23, 2015
Thanks for a review.
I just bought a 17 155x 2.6 AXYS, with W/E Clicker shocks and can't wait to take it out for the first time.
Im coming off of 14 Pro with 36" A-Arms. 3" X3 track and Pro-motion. Loved that sled and could ride it well. I hope the hype around an Axys is true.

I shall see...

kahonies

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
I came off a 14 Pro to 2017 Axys 155 you will not be disappointed It is great

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup, had a 15 as well, really liked it, but this Axys is another dimension. Finishing off the planned mods this weekend with luck! :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features