• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick drive to C3 belt drive

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
In our little group we have lost 3 quick drive belts, all were broke in I would say 80 to 90 percent as required, hard to do 100%. The mileage-- 200 to 560. So does any body have any real hard facts on the C3 belt drive coversion?? We can all think something but I'm looking for real world facts. Miles -- power-- tracks--it works-- or maybe even save your $950.00 its no better than stock. Help!!! thanks

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think any kind of belt drive will have problems until a heat shield of some kind will be in place. The stock silencer is SOOO close to the top pulley. I wrapped my silencer with header tape which greatly reduced temps. I did this from day one.

P

Pol72

Dec 24, 2011
Saskatoon Sask Canada
I have the C3 conversion on my 2011 Pro. I am running the SLP stage 3 kit and drive it hard. I have 500 miles on this C3 drive and it works awesome. The belt seems to be made of a different compound, rubber as opposed to the PVC feeling stock belt. The belt also makes a bit of a whine and is quite a bit louder than the 2013 stock set up. I am very happy with my C3. I like the fact there is a tensioner on it.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
I have the C3 conversion on my 2011 Pro. I am running the SLP stage 3 kit and drive it hard. I have 500 miles on this C3 drive and it works awesome. The belt seems to be made of a different compound, rubber as opposed to the PVC feeling stock belt. The belt also makes a bit of a whine and is quite a bit louder than the 2013 stock set up. I am very happy with my C3. I like the fact there is a tensioner on it.

Loosen the tension on your belt a little and see if the whine goes away.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I think any kind of belt drive will have problems until a heat shield of some kind will be in place. The stock silencer is SOOO close to the top pulley. I wrapped my silencer with header tape which greatly reduced temps. I did this from day one.

Personally I think the heat soaking of the top sprocket is more a result of brake drag than exhaust heat conduction. Polaris has updated the upper caliper so often lately that they can't keep the online fiche updated with the current number and price. They have been known to drag since '11 and TCP went so far as to make spring kits to install between the pads to force the pads back apart. I think they are still fighting the single piston sliding caliper design issues. Even going to the C3 system this will likely cause issues even with their belt drive. Back to the original topic.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
There seems to be plenty of room to put the brake on the driveshaft on the left side....i bet we see it there next year along with the same shaft with inserts extending about 3" into the shaft, with tighter tolerances and a new, wider belt of a different construction.
Whether its bad belts, heat or runout causing the problems, this would address them all with minimal retooling.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have around 250 miles on my 2012 with the C3 belt drive. Not a single issue. Do notice the belt gets tighter when it's warm, but it never gets hot. Having just a touch more than 1/2" deflection when cold gets rid of the belt whine noise. Overall very happy with the results, especially since I geared it a tad lower (had stock gearing on it too at the start).

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
you guys running the c3. Did you see a gain in throttle response and power to the track like the 13's seem to have over the 12's.
Thinking of getting a c3 for my 12 but wanting to see if your seeing similar gains from this kit to the stock 13 kit.

It seems a 13 will jump out a couple of sleds if we hit the throttle over at same time in powder or in trail and also seems to keep pulling away. The 13 seems to be quit a bit stronger than my carryover 12.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yes I did notice there is more power to the track now. Is it a "wow this thing is a beast now" sort of feeling? No. Was it worth the cost? For me, yes. I always feel down in power with my Pro vs my M8. So I wanted a mod that wasn't an engine mod on the Polaris. Throttle response is definitely snappier. I can also take it off and sell it for a pretty good amount when I want to sell my sled. I rode with a '13 this year and I didn't notice his sled pulling away from me.

Premium Features