• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Small oil leak on my 16 Le

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Having a small oil leak on my sled. Noticed it after the sleds been sitting in the trailer all summer. Anyone had an expirence with the same leak? The picture was taken after I cleaned it off. But I circled where it was dripping from. Thanks in advance for any help

IMG_6990.jpg

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Probly coming from the intake if I remember correctly if the oil tank is pretty full it will push through the oil pump into the intake boots

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
all 3 of my suzuki 800's do the same....normal all the way...usually after it sits for several weeks....clean it off and go ride..:face-icon-small-hap

H
Nov 17, 2008
Adams, ND
A word of caution

I just purchased a '12 proclimb. Had oil in the nose of the sled so pulled the hood to investigate. As is mentioned here it's just injection oil coming out the intake. But the oil caused the rubber gasket sealing the intake to the hood to swell and deform. Just thought I'd post it on here to help someone in the future.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
When I started acknowledging my sled's existence about a month ago I had some oil leaking under the chaincase as well. I think it was just spilled injector oil that had slowly worked it's way off the oil tank over the summer. Only like a drop or two.

But yeah where yours is coming from that's just intake goo.

Premium Features