• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx button delete

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
So I bought two kits from Speedwerx at Hay days, and here are the photos of the installed kit. Install wasn't too bad but I will be happy when I get my 18 and the harness is in the open. Things to note about the kit:
There is not a lot of extra to work with so you are limited on where you can place the controls.
If you install it in the same location I did, the wires for the hand warmer button hit the gas tank and need to be bent in so it sits flush.
I made the holes too big the first go around so I made some brackets out of an old windshield and glued them on. 3/4 is the correct hole size, and I took a hack saw to cut out the small indent and the buttoms snapped in perfectly.
Besides the two holes you have to drill, it is plug and play and everything works as it should.
Just sitting in the garage the ergos feel much better and you will never have to worry about accidently hitting buttons again!

The kit is worth the investment!

20170912_190120.jpg 20170912_190057.jpg 20170912_190042.jpg

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
handlebar & thumb warmer combined.

Just noticed as I was plugging the harness in that it does not have separate warmer controls for thumb & hands... For a $270 kit, i didn't expect Speedwerx to skimp on a second warmer switch. :face-icon-small-fro

Looks very clean, but not sure I can live with them together... hand warmers get too hot if left on, but my thumb warmer is on most of the day if it's cold out...

01/03/2018 edit: Got my 1st ride in... having the thumb & bars on same switch wasn't an issue like i thought it might be. ~29 degrees 1st day & ~15 second day. i would prefer them separate, but i am not going to the extra effort of modifying it since it wasn't a huge deal for me. I will be curious to hear back from others on how long their switches & buttons last... they feel pretty cheap for an expensive harness.

Last edited:
Premium Features