• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill climb ecu who's running one?

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
I got the last one Dakota Cat had for a stock pipe.

I'll let you know when my sled blows up.

He said he's still got one that's mapped for an slp pipe if anyone wants it.

Price was reasonable.
Does it have a part number referencing the tune?

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
There is wrighting on mine I'll take a pic and let you know, also u have over 700 miles on mine with stock pipe at low elevation and 91 octane and not blown up also looked at pistols though exhaust ports and power valves no scaring or unusual marks on top of pistons. Sled had 1100 miles when I got it with that ecu. Put bmp y pipr on this fall also new wheights at 76.1 g i guess we will see what she dose

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
There is wrighting on mine I'll take a pic and let you know, also u have over 700 miles on mine with stock pipe at low elevation and 91 octane and not blown up also looked at pistols though exhaust ports and power valves no scaring or unusual marks on top of pistons. Sled had 1100 miles when I got it with that ecu. Put bmp y pipr on this fall also new wheights at 76.1 g i guess we will see what she dose

If your pulling rpm with 76s and the stock springs that's pretty good. Most suzukisI've clutched need 73-74s to get 8150 put of them at 0-5000ft

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I havent done the reflash, but i did advance timing 2.5 degrees along with numerous motor mods. tuned my sled and primary clutch on a dyno at close to 4000ft. peek hp was at 8090rpm and average run for all runs was 187hp. I'm running 72.4gr, 5 days on hill so far and seems to be weighted ok. have hit 8200 a couple of times but really havent been in anything deeper than the boards so far, so waiting for a deep day at elevation before i change anything.

positive im not getting this to the snow, has to be the secondary is holding it back, ive tried 42, 45,and back to a 48 degree helix. super happy in all snow and most riding, my riding buddies say and feel i have it dialed as good as it can be, snappy and clean throughout the power band, but i cannot get her track speed up and hook up to do a straight climb pull. stock 164 doo will make me look stupid everytime once it gets steep and bottomless. now it isnt a huge deal, but the last option is drop and roll with 8" drivers. nowhere else to look as i geared up to 21/49 from new

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
stock 164 doo will make me look stupid everytime once it gets steep and bottomless. now it isnt a huge deal, but the last option is drop and roll with 8" drivers. nowhere else to look as i geared up to 21/49 from new

thats wierd. are ya a big boy? i dont think my bone stock 17MC have any problem with a doo on a hill. you might just shove 8 tooths in there, guys say it makes the biggest difference of anything.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I havent done the reflash, but i did advance timing 2.5 degrees along with numerous motor mods. tuned my sled and primary clutch on a dyno at close to 4000ft. peek hp was at 8090rpm and average run for all runs was 187hp. I'm running 72.4gr, 5 days on hill so far and seems to be weighted ok. have hit 8200 a couple of times but really havent been in anything deeper than the boards so far, so waiting for a deep day at elevation before i change anything.

positive im not getting this to the snow, has to be the secondary is holding it back, ive tried 42, 45,and back to a 48 degree helix. super happy in all snow and most riding, my riding buddies say and feel i have it dialed as good as it can be, snappy and clean throughout the power band, but i cannot get her track speed up and hook up to do a straight climb pull. stock 164 doo will make me look stupid everytime once it gets steep and bottomless. now it isnt a huge deal, but the last option is drop and roll with 8" drivers. nowhere else to look as i geared up to 21/49 from new

I noticed a huge loss in performance when I went from a 2.6 with 8s to a 3" with 7s. I hated it, wound up cutting my 3" down to a 2.8 and putting the 8s back in it performs way way better. I find it hard to believe you can only pull 73's with 180+. I can pull 73 in a stock 15 at 8200rpm. What secondary do you have?

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Ya I’m fat. 235 without gear. Well I could be wrong, but don’t think so. Maybe I have to weigh the damn things so I know. Just keep dropping magnets in haha.

I’ll see after tomorrow’s run, supposed to be 3’ of fresh where I’m going. Mashed potatoes I have to power to rip up a face and beat an 850 by 5-6 lengths, add powder and that girl just won’t go up and over. Even coupled the suspension.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Ya I’m fat. 235 without gear. Well I could be wrong, but don’t think so. Maybe I have to weigh the damn things so I know. Just keep dropping magnets in haha.

I’ll see after tomorrow’s run, supposed to be 3’ of fresh where I’m going. Mashed potatoes I have to power to rip up a face and beat an 850 by 5-6 lengths, add powder and that girl just won’t go up and over. Even coupled the suspension.

i see, so 250+ suited up, yep, the 16 wide 163 doo has a big footprint advantage. I would drop the case with a belt drive or trade up to an '18. its like another foot of track in the snow up front when the skid is compressed just a little.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I noticed a huge loss in performance when I went from a 2.6 with 8s to a 3" with 7s. I hated it, wound up cutting my 3" down to a 2.8 and putting the 8s back in it performs way way better. I find it hard to believe you can only pull 73's with 180+. I can pull 73 in a stock 15 at 8200rpm. What secondary do you have?

I can pull 73 in a stock 15 at 8200rpm.

At what elevation?

B
Oct 4, 2017
Northern mn
Ok so now have some actually ride time on my sled current set up is 76.1 g weights stock primary spring 42 40 helix and blue secondary spring from f8 stock m8 clutch currently at 900ft stock gears hill drag ecu y pipe can pulls like a .monster harder any of friends sleds with clutch kits or .or mods other than the hill climb ecu. Now till next week for out in the steep and deep with the 70 gram and 36 degree

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Why not just get a timing key or ekey to
Change your timing?
Probably a small 1.5 deg adv would clean the 800 low and mid right up. I know the old 700 suk needed 1.5 deg and it made a very noticeable difference with eng response. I still ran that eng at 2200 ft and 87 octane. 3500 miles ran great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
Why not just get a timing key or ekey to
Change your timing?
Probably a small 1.5 deg adv would clean the 800 low and mid right up. I know the old 700 suk needed 1.5 deg and it made a very noticeable difference with eng response. I still ran that eng at 2200 ft and 87 octane. 3500 miles ran great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone run a 1.5 or 2 degree advance with stock motor? I have y-pipe, reeds and can. thinking about advancing my timing for a little more bottom end clean up and Hp.

Premium Features