• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running boards

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Get some BM fab or skinz ones. They're made better anyway.

If you really want the cat ones, I think the ones bdextreme/SSI sells are the same or at least very similar.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
The new boards look much improved from the older style boards. The proclimb tube boards are in stock the machined boards are out of stock on cats site.

I would still choose BMFab over either just cant beat the quality.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
If you guys do decide on the Cat boards the traction screws have more traction then the Cat cleats that's the only thing I don't like about the cat boards.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Put the cat pro-mtn boards on my 2017 chassis. They use good huck rivets to mount to the sled so that connection is good. I ditched the plastic cleats and did screws on the outer edge. Used the cleats on the small tubes though. Took a bit of clamping to get everything to line up nice and tight to my liking, but no where near as bad as the older set of BDX boards I helped put on. I helped put some Skinz boards on a different brand of sled and those weren't totally perfect either. I was debating between the cat mtn-pro and B&M boards and decided to go with the cat ones because they have the little brace that goes back and ties into the bumper. Seen enough photos of people creasing rear tunnel sections to think I wanted that little extra support there. B&M might have a little stiffer board overall though. I had one really hard ride on my cat boards so far (hard spring snow, jumping, really bombed out trails that hadn't been groomed in a few months), and there is an ever-so-slight bow starting in the outer rail. 300+lb rider all geared up and it's nothing I wouldn't have seen on a stock board for sure.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
ec30ed265227a23b2a08c8fbade1ef8c.jpg

Best picture I have right now, but I just installed the machined cat boards on my 2018 Sidewinder. Overall, I feel they’re just as stiff as my ‘16 Viper was with Skinz boards. The factory narrow ones alone are stiffer than the old wide pontoon style they had before. I originally planned on going with Skinz Pro-Tubes, but didn’t feel like waiting months on end to get my order I sent to them. These were easy to do, and look like factory when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Wait, arctic cat makes polaris boards now?

M
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
Pro MTN cat board are amazing but a plastic cleat are always ice coved on colder temp. Dont install cleat and putting self drilling screws.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
ec30ed265227a23b2a08c8fbade1ef8c.jpg

Best picture I have right now, but I just installed the machined cat boards on my 2018 Sidewinder. Overall, I feel they’re just as stiff as my ‘16 Viper was with Skinz boards. The factory narrow ones alone are stiffer than the old wide pontoon style they had before. I originally planned on going with Skinz Pro-Tubes, but didn’t feel like waiting months on end to get my order I sent to them. These were easy to do, and look like factory when done.

If these were the stock boards id have bought an 18, so dumb they haven't upgraded the boards in 6 years

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
you can thank the weight wars for that.

For the amount of material I cut off to put these on, it was less than half a pound more for these. Only bad part on these is grinding the stainless rivers off to get the center section out. Man those things are tough

Premium Features