• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 mc upgrade?

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
You guys think doing the mc upgrade to a 16 let would comprise resale? Considering the drop and roll. Or trade in. I hate the idea of new motor first year vrs the ol dependable zuki. But don't wanna risk losing any more value to my current sled either what's your opinions?

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I personally would not do it. But my group makes fun of me for being negative towards mods. I keep my money and put it towards the next sled and keep newer iron under my ***. Seems like the stock sleds keep getting more and more capable and so it makes sense to save the money and buy a newer sled. Not every dealer is going to understand why you hacked up your tunnel to make it like the new ones.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I too would save the money for the next sled. Mods are like throwing money away. It won't make your sled worth a penny more when you go to resale. Back in the 90's/early 2000's sleds sucked and needed to be modded just to get around. Now I can't see wasting money on mods when they are so good right out of the box. I have a 16 limited and love the sled so much this is the first time since 2010 I'll be riding the same sled 2 years in a row. Heck I bought a new can for it and haven't even put that on. Will be buying a 18 holdover next year, can't beat a new sled for about 1/3 off :) Even cheaper if you don't spend a bunch of money modding your old sled. To me having a more current year sled is better than spending a ton on an older one to get the same thing.

A
Oct 20, 2017
i would keep it stock, yes it does make a difference but lots of shops even if they know what you did will put it as a negative as they will have to explain the cut marks to customers that wont know the advantages. I would not be scared of the new engine at all it has been proven for years in the 6000 series. and so far there has been almost no issues with the early releases that have been out.

Premium Features