• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching for T-pro

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
hey guys, What seems to work good? I ride between ~5200 feet up to 8000 feet. most riding is in the ~6000 feet range. also planning ~7# boost.

I picked up a boost-it pro and the clutching is off, #1 issue is throttle response due to it not reving up at the lower rpm, It takes a moment or 2 when you hit the throttle for the clutching to catch up as if it has a hump to get up over. Then on the top end side, It's like I need more weight, I've already maxed my current weight setup out with as much weight that will fit in them. at lower elevation I'm hitting the rev limiter then at higher elevation It's about right, no room to turn the boost up, usually around 6#, I marked my primary to see how far up the belts riding, and it never did go right up to the max,a bit down, which shows room for more shifting to happen.

I probably just need to change the spring thats in the primary if I had to guess? What are you guys running that works well? thanks!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What do you have in it right now? I know tons of T-pro setups had issues with broken primary springs which results in low engagement and improper peak rpm and really doggy performance.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
What do you have in it right now? I know tons of T-pro setups had issues with broken primary springs which results in low engagement and improper peak rpm and really doggy performance.

Thanks for the reply! I have no idea what's in it, I know I Max'd the adjustable weights in the primary. Which helped slow the top end from just bouncing off the Rev limiter, but while doing that I felt I lost the bottom end, it's not that fast Rev up like it used to be, slower to Rev now with the on off throttle.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
MDS Clutching

I would give Steve a call at MDS Cluctching. I have been using his weights and setup in all my sleds. Stock, boosted, and big bore. His setup in my current Silber Turbo is flawless. I was about to ****can the new Silber with the clutching that came with it. It was popping, cracking, you name it. Steve set me up with his new dual radius Plate weights, new reverse angle helix, and it is spot on. Almost no lag, it's a boondocking dream. He has a money back guarantee, you've got nothing to lose. I have about 8 buddy's running his turbo set up and they are all just flawless!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I would give Steve a call at MDS Cluctching. I have been using his weights and setup in all my sleds. Stock, boosted, and big bore. His setup in my current Silber Turbo is flawless. I was about to ****can the new Silber with the clutching that came with it. It was popping, cracking, you name it. Steve set me up with his new dual radius Plate weights, new reverse angle helix, and it is spot on. Almost no lag, it's a boondocking dream. He has a money back guarantee, you've got nothing to lose. I have about 8 buddy's running his turbo set up and they are all just flawless!

Thanks for the info! I got a spring and such coming as per the clutching post, going to see where that puts me as well as secondary. I'm really not picky on my clutching, just want it to be fairly fast and not blow belts. What I had in it seemed ok for how little riding I did I never blew a belt however.

Premium Features