• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 assault oil pump adjustment- how?

I have an 11 assault in surgery and looking with a mirror at the jam nut on the pump arm and looking centre on the bolt I see no slotted path for a straight edge screwdriver only what appears to be a round hole? I blasted it out with brake clean looking closer for alanhead or torques shape but it's not clear to me. I watched YouTube clips of turning up 12 and newer pro,s but what do I need to know about turning up the pump a bit on an 11 assault?
Cylinders off reeds are out I thought this was going to be easy to turn up the oil pump lol

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have an 11 assault in surgery and looking with a mirror at the jam nut on the pump arm and looking centre on the bolt I see no slotted path for a straight edge screwdriver only what appears to be a round hole? I blasted it out with brake clean looking closer for alanhead or torques shape but it's not clear to me. I watched YouTube clips of turning up 12 and newer pro,s but what do I need to know about turning up the pump a bit on an 11 assault?
Cylinders off reeds are out I thought this was going to be easy to turn up the oil pump lol

2.5 mm Allen wrench if I remember correctly

C
Oct 29, 2008
I haven’t done the 2011 but there’s a 10mm nut with either a small flat head screw or as said it could be a small
Allen key head. Crack the 10mm nut and turn the small screw 2-3 full rotations.
This is located on top of the throttle bodies.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I haven’t done the 2011 but there’s a 10mm nut with either a small flat head screw or as said it could be a small
Allen key head. Crack the 10mm nut and turn the small screw 2-3 full rotations.
This is located on top of the throttle bodies.

Make sure its the oil pump screw.

Not the throttle body balance screw.

Premium Features