• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Parking brake indicator going off?

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
My parking brake indicator was going off on my dash today. Brake was definitely not on. Any idea why that would happen? When I would squeeze the brake, it felt a little more stiff than usual. The engine temp was also normal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Mine will ice up in heavy pow and show on as well. Move it back and forth a few times, if that doesn't do it, time to thaw the sled out. Or keep riding and killing that pow! Colorado is getting it right now!

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Check the bump switch on your brake. If the bump switch is broke the sled will constantly believe the break is being pulled. This is located just to the right of your index finger between the brake lever itself and the whole assembly.

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
Park Indicator light

Check the brake handle where the wire runs into it. There is a small plastic switch that breaks there. I have broken 2 of those and the indicator light comes on. You can replace it or tape it closed, dash light will go off but no brake light.

Premium Features