• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7 intermittent spark

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
for the first time that I can remember I cant figure out what it wrong with my sled.
2006 m7 EFI cpc 1000 big bore
attitude programmer
riding the other day and it wasn't running right on the top end. acted like it was rich, would clean out and run every once in a while but wouldn't hold rpm.
flying up thru the trees and it died like you hit the kill switch. pulled it over and it would cough or even run for a second or 2 then die like you shut it off.
The spark comes and goes, the sled will fire for a half second but that is it. the more you try the less it will run. let it sit for a few minutes and you can get it to cough again.
since then I have done the following.
new plugs
unplugged the throttle safety switch
unplugged the ignition key switch
swapped ECUs with a running sled
new stator
new ignition coil
checked TPS
checked timing key to make sure it had not sheared or slipped when installing fly wheel

a few rides before this issue i did notice the tail light bulb was burned out, I replaced that as soon as i noticed.
the motor is 4 rides old after a rebuild. had to rebuild after loosing a lower rod bearing.
This is honestly the first time in my life that I haven't been able to figure something out and fix it.
Need some ideas from you guys, what next?
yes I have gone thru the harness with a fine tooth comb no bare wires that i can find. help!!

lips3469

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Smart valves or fuel pump. Most likely smart valves mine was doing the same thing and was the valves

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Smart valves or fuel pump. Most likely smart valves mine was doing the same thing and was the valves

I cant rule that out i guess. not sure what fuel delivery has to do with spark going away but..

I did run out of fuel on 2 rides before. like bone dry out of fuel.

Premium Features