• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adding pull start

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
So I have a 2012 summit 800 etec and came across a rewind starter part number 420892618 and am wondering if all I need to do is pull my cover off and install this rewinder to have pull start as a backup

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
u also need the rewind cup/bolts for the flywheel.

Cutting the side panel is a bit tricky as it does not have the formed in recess the factory pull start panels have.

Srhone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2016
u also need the rewind cup/bolts for the flywheel.

Cutting the side panel is a bit tricky as it does not have the formed in recess the factory pull start panels have.

If it is only a backup why cut the panel? I would just open it and pull, then close it back up. Just sayin...

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If it is only a backup why cut the panel? I would just open it and pull, then close it back up. Just sayin...

Yes it is only for backup, so I was hoping I can just leave the handle in there some where. but have not looked to see if there is room. Just put in a new battery on Sunday because sure enough it was dead. I got 5 years out of that factory battery always on a tender but I thought that was good.

Srhone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2016
Yes it is only for backup, so I was hoping I can just leave the handle in there some where. but have not looked to see if there is room. Just put in a new battery on Sunday because sure enough it was dead. I got 5 years out of that factory battery always on a tender but I thought that was good.

There will be plenty of room, not a concern. My cousin did it on his 16 after the e start was acting up.

Premium Features