• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Trail Maps for Rino 655T

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
Hi guys,

I just got a Rino 655T. I'm wondering if there are any good trail map chips out there? Or what are you guys doing? I ride in WY, MT, and in ID. I'm not real good with these things yet, so I'm looking for any advise or tricks that work for you. Thanks in advance!

Tony

S
Nov 5, 2014
Denver, CO
i also have the 655t, i searched for a long time to try and find maps with the trails on them. there used to be a company who made them, and some still might be for sale(second hand). but i have not found anyone making one for Colorado, which is where i ride, there are some for east coast and Michigan. just googled "trail maps SD card" and it should come up. there is also a way to make your own maps. Garmin explains how to do so on their websites and in the manual that comes with the gps, i still haven't been able to figure it out though. its basically overlaying the trail map onto satellite imagery and then uploading it into your rino, again i don't know how to yet. hope this helps! good luck

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
i also have the 655t, i searched for a long time to try and find maps with the trails on them. there used to be a company who made them, and some still might be for sale(second hand). but i have not found anyone making one for Colorado, which is where i ride, there are some for east coast and Michigan. just googled "trail maps SD card" and it should come up. there is also a way to make your own maps. Garmin explains how to do so on their websites and in the manual that comes with the gps, i still haven't been able to figure it out though. its basically overlaying the trail map onto satellite imagery and then uploading it into your rino, again i don't know how to yet. hope this helps! good luck

Colorado maps for RE, Hahn's Peak, and Grand Mesa on this thread:

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265592

Premium Features