• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front end

J
Dec 20, 2016
Bent a arm today. Yea may 20th and 24" of fresh on friday. Thinking of a new 36"- 37" front end. I am a tree rider. What do you suggest and why.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
KMOD. Works with stock shock length, quality and customer service is great. Strength gets the nod as well.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
alternative Impact

Alternative Impact offers both stock 39 and 36 good product and Dan is great to deal with. His stock width a-arms can be interchanged with stock components.

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
Vohk front end is cheap and well made. Made by skinz. Lowers are 149 and uppers 129 I think bit don't quote me. Also interchangeable with stock, you can run just the lowers if you want

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
4 posts and 4 different recommendations... LOL.

I had an Alt Impact kit on my Pro, and liked that setup as well. Dan is great to talk to on the phone, heck of a nice guy and he is the only one who answers the phone as far as I know. He claims the rod ends should or will fail before the a arm in many cases- and it appears to be true, my buddy has broken 2 rod ends on his 39" axys kit and swapped them on the mountain. One downfall to the rod ends is that it is up to you to adjust the camber. Big deal? Idk. But it does require a little more work than just bolting up fixed end arms. They are available with swaybar mounts.

Have heard of install issues with bushings in the zbroz kit, grinding required to get the snap rings on. I believe grinding/cutting is also required on the spindle. Seem to be nice when bolted up though.

I would be sure to buy a spare kit or atleast lowers if you are getting arms that aren't interchangeable with stock (none of the 36/37 kits are). You could be waiting a few days for a spare if you bend one. Maybe worth considering sticking with a 39" kit if you dont want to carry spares.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Well how about another angle. Go stock and put on some of our Arm Candy braces. We hope to have offset spindles available this Fall too.

Much quicker install, full travel, easy to get replacements etc.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Oooo lets thicken the plot.

Take a look at ZollingerRacingProducts. They've got high clearance lower billet A-Arms matched with billet upper A-Arms along with some offset spindles. Love this setup on my sled and we are always tree riding.

Another thing to note is they have a huge presence on the RMSHA sleds. As an added bonus, built in the USA :face-icon-small-hap

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
I would be sure to buy a spare kit or atleast lowers if you are getting arms that aren't interchangeable with stock (none of the 36/37 kits are). You could be waiting a few days for a spare if you bend one. Maybe worth considering sticking with a 39" kit if you dont want to carry spares.

Our ZRP arms and spindles are all interchangeable with stock, so if you use our offset spindles you can use a stock upper or lower if you somehow manage to bend one of our a-arms.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

J
Dec 20, 2016
I think I would like to go with the 36 0r 37. I couldn't find any arms from vohk. Also I don't want my a arms so strong that my bulk head breaks instead. Have you guys seen any broken bulkheads out of any of these aftermarket a arms

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Iv seen kmod and zbros a-arms bend when the sleds go flying into rock cliffs. And the bulk head is still fine. Both arms are strong enough not to bend when jumping and small hits, but will bend with a crash saving the bulkhead like they should. Zbros do rub on the stock spindles. The kmod fit awesome with no rubbing.

J
Feb 28, 2011
I have had all three front end alt impact, z bros, and skinz extreme all three are great front ends and all three have been bent at one time. All of are ridding is steep tree slopes which requires a lot of low speed technical maneuvers. All three front end have no sway bars they vary from 36" on alt impact, and zbroz to 37" on the skinz. The zbroz take a little bit of work to get them installed grinding the spindle and having the shocks shortened tippy going down the trail on the axys but out in the trees with fresh snow they work great. When u get into the spring ridding or trenches out lined the machine becomes less predictable. I have a 36 zbroz on a pro and it seems to be more predictable in these conditions. The alt impact front end was a good solid functioning front end little tippy caught a stob and folded it up without any damage toe bulkhead. The skinz technical front end is the best for rough slopes technical slopes, the front is moved farther forward which gives you a longer machine length it is the best of three for the ridding I do. Down fall to this front is price by the time you buy the front end and put a fox package on it you are into some serious coin. If the only ridding you do is steep technical ridding in all conditions this is the set up. If price is an issue you won't be disappointed in the other two front ends like I said before they are solid and will work in most conditions

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
How many documented bulkhead failures are out there caused by too strong of aftermarket arms on a mountain sled. ... I've really yet to see a documented one.

Open for input though.

I have personally seen a bulkhead destroyed on an 850 after a hit on the arm. The arm wasn't damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
KMod! You will be psyched. 36” kits jack up the front end (1” higher measured at the bumper) and it feels weird. 39” fights you in the trees.

They will take a serious beating and the one I destroyed involved hitting a 24” diameter tree so hard it unloaded all the snow off it and burried the sled. Bulkhead was fine.

Premium Features