• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit SP or X? Any thing to be aware of on the 14s?

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Looking at buying one of 2 different sleds.

First is a XMX 163 with 2200miles, has a bunch of little extras as follows:

Accessories: Can, cooker, skid plate, scratchers, rear HD bumper(newly powdercoated), rear HD springs, seat extension bag, rear running board step pad/stiffener, goggle drier - that works, tarp, gas can, glovebox extension, Linq tunnel bag, brighter headlite bulbs, stock rear bumper included, 2 new belts, new spare spark plugs, handlebar storage bag, plus a new set of carbides and scratchers included(not installed as old ones are still good shape)

aBout 2300 miles For the price of $6000

Second one is a 154 SP with only a tunnel bag and gas can,
ONLY 1200 miles and I really don't mind the 154 for $6200.

Anything particular to know about the 14s?

Thanks

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
I have 14 154" SP. Two issues I've had are a bad stator and chafed wires inside the starter switch harness. According to the shop the stators were endemic to some '14's. Other than that it's been a dream to ride.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
2014 sleds

It all depends on what you want to do. Jumps & drops still fun in the trees and on hills go with the 154 it's a great all around sled. If you are a little more into climbing and sidehilling and ride in areas the can have over 2' of powder more than twice a year 163 it is. Throw a top end in it and enjoy, I wouldn't be to afraid of miles on a snowmobile that's out of warenty and has made it 2300 trouble free miles. Rebuild top end service the sled buy a new chain and run er.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The only issue I had with my 14 154 was the recoil, it liked to skip teeth when it got warm. Covered under warranty but a cheap fix regardless. Great sled!!

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
The only issue I had with my 14 154 was the recoil, it liked to skip teeth when it got warm. Covered under warranty but a cheap fix regardless. Great sled!!
This, mine still does it occasionally so it might be time for a new pull start or put in an e-start. Other than that my sled has been an awesome ride.

Premium Features