• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

K MOD Suspensions announces the all new Gen III turnkey suspension

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Here at K MOD we are never content.

So we continue to test and improve for all riding styles, with a never ending pursuit of perfection.

After thousands of satisfied customers and years of testing, K MOD has come up with an even better suspension than the famed Gen II.

The all new K MOD Suspensions Gen III turnkey suspension.

It has a lower CG (ride height) that will enhance handling in the most technical terrain.

Raptor coil over shocks with a huge window of adjust ability.

Adjustable coupling for stock like agility, or plant the skis to go vertical, all in seconds with no tools.

New lighter components, without sacrificing durability.

New shock and spring calibrations.

Over 3,000 miles of testing this year.

picture.php

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I had the opportunity to run this skid most of the season. I had the gen 2 prior to this and one of my main riding buddies has a new gen 2 with titanium arms and Kmotion. We have identical sleds (turbo Axys 163), only difference is the suspension.

First off, the gen 3 with chromoly arms is the same weight as by buddies gen 2 with ti arms and kmotion. This is also the same weight as a bone stock Polaris skid (regular 1/2" shaft walkers, no anti stab, flimsy rails, etc). Getting to this weight was a big achievement. A handful of RMSHA guys have been using it in practice and racing so you know the durability is still there.

Secondly, the new skid handles a lot more similar to the stock skid in the technical tree riding terrain. The ride height change is noticeable hopping from the gen 2 to the gen 3. The shock angles and leverage rates are also changed and we have all found the new skid to float better and climb steeper terrain with the same coupler level as the gen 2. That being said, it is also more playful. The way I have mine setup, it hangs the skis 6" off the ground on moderate slopes with proper body position, very similar to the stock skid. But it can easily lift the skis more if you want. Coupler 1 is less coupling than before, nearly 0% in practice. Coupler 2 and 3 are also less than before but coupler 4 is still the same as gen 2 which a lot of chute climbers and big HP guys will appreciate. With similar handling characteristics as stock (on coupler 1), I find the Kmod gen 3 more predictable than stock. Kevin made me run the stock skid for 2-300 miles so I could get some honest back to back feedback. Higher coupler levels of 2, 3, and 4 are obviously different than the stock skid, those are reserved for deep powder, high HP, steep slopes (both climbing and sidehilling). On setup snow, with Kevins 37" a arms and the gen 3 skid in a 163 length, I was sidehilling and maneuvering through trees on an honest 40°+ slope (measured with angle finder). It is really impressive and if you're not careful can get you in trouble in a hurry haha! There are 2 different FTS mounting locations in the front rail, I have ran both positions. Front position makes it super playful whereas the rear position has more of a climbing/floatation bias. The two positions just change the leverage ratio and shock rate to dial in what you are looking for.

Thirdly, shock tune. Kevin has sent me 6 different rear track shocks to try. He's also been an integral part of Keith Curtis mod sled setup, as well as his own and others gen 3 skids. There has been a big effort to get the best tuning on this skid before its released. I think people will be real happy with it.

Here you can see the difference between coupler 3 and 4. First is 3 and second is 4. As you know, videos don't do justice but this slope is relatively steep, probably around 35°-40°, but the route I was taking didn't have a run in and there are a few trees to dodge so I was in and out of the throttle.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B76OIOnHZTBDZXVPd1FwaUFXamc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B76OIOnHZTBDRWZTNzg0dTcwbk0

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Kevin,

It would be cool to see you pair up with Raptor and SPG to offer the 'on the fly' ARC system already integrated into your skid..

Any thoughts?

Eric,
I have thought about it and researched it quite a bit. They do it there way, I would do it so it wouldn't change the dampening of the shock or change the spring rate. It can get very heavy and very expensive to make a remote adjustable coupler. Our 4 position coupler is a simple mechanical piece that can be adjusted in seconds with no tools, plus it is very reliable.
Kevin

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Kevin i dont think you need to do a shock or anything like that. Just make a springloaded adjuster for the block you have now. Cut a small notch for the wire to go all the way around the axle.

Then use a sram gripshifter instead of the lever actuated ones. I think you get more force with the gripshift plus it aint prone to break. The lever actuated one could be in danger to break when wrestling in the trees.

Got no idea how much force the coupling block needs when out riding and the snow starts to freeze. So that might be a problem.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Kevin i dont think you need to do a shock or anything like that. Just make a springloaded adjuster for the block you have now. Cut a small notch for the wire to go all the way around the axle.

Then use a sram gripshifter instead of the lever actuated ones. I think you get more force with the gripshift plus it aint prone to break. The lever actuated one could be in danger to break when wrestling in the trees.

Got no idea how much force the coupling block needs when out riding and the snow starts to freeze. So that might be a problem.

I've been envisioning a cable hooked to my coupler block ever since I put my Kmod together this spring.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
New Shock option

Announcing new option for the all new K MOD Gen III turn key suspension.

Raptor 20 position compression and 20 position REBOUND clicker shock for the rear the Gen III suspension.
K MOD raises the bar again, deep snow, rough trails and big HP
K MOD does it all!!

Web photo.jpg KMOD GEN III (1).jpg

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
Shocks

It's been great working with Kevin and his team over the years! He's a smart guy and knows what he wants out of his skids and he's constantly pushing the bar to improve on what he has. I've been on countless trips with Kevin over the years and we've tested his product on about every oem sled I can think of and the common denominator is that they always work very well when we're done with them. Kudos to Kmod with his G3 suspension I'm certain it will not disappoint! Jake,

Premium Features