• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alternate options for Fusion Pressure Regulator???

B
Jan 25, 2016
I have a 2006 Fusion 700 that has had a nightmare of problems. Seems they don't make any replacement parts any longer for the fuel system. The pressure regulator (part 2877698) is broke and Polaris does not make one any longer. I even emailed their customer service for some alternatives I could use and they were no help. The local service shop tries dome Napa glue that was supposed to stand up to fuel but that broke after 2 weeks.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket pressure regulator or other options that would work with the Fusion 700?

B
Jan 25, 2016
I appreciate the suggestions for the Bosch Mini 2 Regulator. I see it says not for in tank mounting :face-icon-small-dis.

Any other ideas? I just called Polaris and surprise surprise, no help.

Last edited:
B
Jan 25, 2016
What do you have in your tank.
Please take a picture of what is broken.

My sled is at a local shop, they tried to glue the plastic part of the pressure regulator back on and that didn't work. Sorry I can't take a pic, the issue is the black plastic portion of the pressure regulator is broke off, that piece is hooked to a piece of fuel line.

Some have commented that I can bypass the regulator and install an aftermarket regulator but I am not sure how to do that :(

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
thats the one tony... and Synerject is the OE supplier.
Nobody I can think of sells that part in the aftermarket/replacement-market

ebay for an entire PFA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152301053885

Cheaper than an external FPR.

Eric,
Walbro had one but can't find the housing on the net now.
Would be easy to build one with a mill.
Maybe worth a call

Synerject LLC
201, Enterprise Drive, Newport News, Virginia USA 23603
Tel: +1 757 890 4900

Last edited:
B
Jan 25, 2016
So if the black housing is intact, I can take the metal FPR out and swap it with mine? Good to know, I assumed it was all or none for the part.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

B
Jan 25, 2016
How is this project coming along? What did find for replacement parts?

Bought a 2005 900 RMK fuel pump assembly off Ebay, FPR looks intact. Hope to get to it soon, wife is giving me crap to get it out of the garage :face-icon-small-blu

Hopefully it will work. I am always open to other ideas if anyone has them.

B
Jan 25, 2016
Well I put the new (used) regulator on, primed pump with 12 volt battery, 2 pulls and it fired right up.

Let her idle for a while, threw 2 oz of stabilizer in it before putting it in shed. Ran a bit longer and died for no reason. Can't get it fired back up :(. Doesn't seem like it wants to even try to fire.

I just pulled spark plug on pto side, clipped plug back in holder and gave her a couple pulls, no spark. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
B
Jan 25, 2016
Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot on this? I did put new plugs in and the closer I look they are getting spark. I put some carb cleaner down the holes and then it fires but doesn't stay running.

I am not sure where to go now. I did check the capacitor and it is working, I primed the fuel pump and can hear it whine, don't think its that any longer. I am really frustrated, ready to haul it to Mies to have them look at it.

Any suggestions on other things to try or look at?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Is there a DC circuit port on that wire harness that you can backfeed 12 volts to with a car battery? That way, you could supply steady power in case you have a bad capacitor or intermittent stator problem-- both of which could cut fuel and/or spark and causing your sled to die.

B
Jan 25, 2016
Is there a DC circuit port on that wire harness that you can backfeed 12 volts to with a car battery? That way, you could supply steady power in case you have a bad capacitor or intermittent stator problem-- both of which could cut fuel and/or spark and causing your sled to die.

Does anyone know if there is a DC circuit port on the wire harness to test this? I have the service manual but can't read the wiring diagram.

Premium Features