• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 xm hesitates

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Have a 15 etec 174. When I go full throttle, let off, and full throttle it hesitates for a split second. Feels like its lacking fuel. Clutching stock and belt is new with proper deflection. Anyone have this happen? Have a mbrp trail can

Mohabba

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2009
Nuuk, Greenland
Mine would fall on its face after a few seconds of wot on a steep climb and no power to make a u-turn.

A few passes of wot on a lake with 8000 rpm and then it would stumble and bog.

I suspected the fuel system and startet with the tank and pickup which were fine..but the filter. To my knowledge the filter has not been changed at all from POs.
I put some air through the filter with a compressor.
Easy to check or change.

Filter.jpg

M

Maxwe

Dec 1, 2007
Alberta
the early XM Etec did this and they came up with a software update. however I think 15 already have it. The other thing that can happen is if you have had the headlight/hood off and the air intake hose is not aligned and hooked up correctly between the air box and air intake. It causes exactly what you are describing

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
2016 T3

I have a 2016 that does this! It only has 3hrs on it, so I'll being posting as I diagnose this. Hopefully sooner than later. I did have the hood off?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Its pretty common for etecs to do this especially if they have cans on them. Some cans are worse then others, also different sled to sled. Put the stock can on and give it a rip, bet its significantly better if not gone.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Pipe/can combos

I'm purchasing some used pipe/can combos to try. SPI pipe and HPS can with stock y-pipe will be one of the combinations. I'm gonna try some reeds too.

Premium Features