• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector relocate

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Going to move the injectors from the cylinder to the intake for testing.
I used a Silber turbo intake manifold and installed injector bosses to the top of the flange. A new fuel rail will be in order that will allow the use of the dampers and the stock fuel lines.
I'll plug the lower injector bosses on the Silber manifold along with those in the cylinder.
I'll switch the injectors to fire on the compression stroke.

image.jpg

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
So the doctor's appointment didn't go well?.... New projects in order? :face-icon-small-win

Is there not enough material in the intake manifold to tap it for the stock fuel rail mounting bolts? Just use the stock rail and dampners for simplicity sake?

Are you going to install one of Dan's lightweight cranks at the same time?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
So the doctor's appointment didn't go well?.... New projects in order? :face-icon-small-win

Is there not enough material in the intake manifold to tap it for the stock fuel rail mounting bolts? Just use the stock rail and dampners for simplicity sake?

Are you going to install one of Dan's lightweight cranks at the same time?

Murph,
8 weeks of light duty, not to ride any toys or horses.
The center to center of the injectors on the cylinders are to wide. The throttle bodies have a much narrower stance. They are offset to the center.
I'm trying to get a crank with 140mm rods to test:face-icon-small-con

Edit: Murph, what do you know about the Leatt Equipment. Helmet, SNX Pilot neck brace?

Last edited:

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Leatt was one of the first neck braces available to Moto riders. They have never stopped innovating.

I'm not familiar with the particular model you asked about, but regardless of the model you go with, you need to try it on with your helmet (and airbag) preferably while standing on your sled so your shoulders are in the riding position. Like most things, there is a trade off/ compromise between protection and comfort/ mobility. You need to try a couple different models and see which one is the least obtrusive. Especially for when you are leading and you have to look back over your shoulder for stragglers/ lost sheep.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Thanks Murph.
No such thing as straglers or lost sheep.��

3 days I spent more time lost than in the heard. Shoot I wasn't even close enough to be a straggler. :face-icon-small-dis

The girls and all their friends wear Leatt. Very nice.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
3 days I spent more time lost than in the heard. Shoot I wasn't even close enough to be a straggler. :face-icon-small-dis

The girls and all their friends wear Leatt. Very nice.

Now Justin thats not quite true.
Edit: It sounds like it's to be a great choice, Leatt

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Have you considered the omega x1 neckbrace?

The open front is very nice. (No throat constriction.)
The padding suspends the helmet contact point off your shoulders.

They have great freedom of movement.

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Have you considered the omega x1 neckbrace?

The open front is very nice. (No throat constriction.)
The padding suspends the helmet contact point off your shoulders.

They have great freedom of movement.
My bother and I ride with the Omega and I like it. Im not a fan of leatts, they are too bulky for me.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sweet...I have one of these just for this purpose.

I just did 8 weeks of IR from my disc replacement surgery in my neck...I describe the time best as watching paint dry that was already dry. I was forbidden from getting into a vehicle.

I only have 2 rides on my new Leatt GPX neck brace, the newest model I was told. Not too bad...

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Tony... N.A. or Boosted?

Thanks for posting!!

Eric,
N.A.
My thoughts are to get a cooling agent and solvent into the case. With this mixture and the turbulence in the case I hope to stop the bluing of the upper rod bearing and pin and adding lube to the cylinder walls. I believe we will get a better burn from the fuel mix as it will exit the case through all transfers.
Another hopeful should be the reduction in fuel temp. As the fuel in the stock rail reflects engine temp through transfer.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

First off, don't want to sound ungreatful. It was the best learning 3 days I have ever had. Plus it was about the most fun I have ever had. Snow would have been a tick better it would have been ridiculous. Snow was still good by all means.

I say this laughing.... I have never been lapped in the trees before, and had someone ask if I was on vacation. Bwahahahahaha I think that sums it up well.

Back to topic at hand. This thread could be one of the best technical ever.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Eric,
N.A.
My thoughts are to get a cooling agent and solvent into the case. With this mixture and the turbulence in the case I hope to stop the bluing of the upper rod bearing and pin and adding lube to the cylinder walls. I believe we will get a better burn from the fuel mix as it will exit the case through all transfers.
Another hopeful should be the reduction in fuel temp. As the fuel in the stock rail reflects engine temp through transfer.

Will you be able to play with the mapping or fuel settings on this.

If so... what are your initial thoughts.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I thought about doing this exact thing on my turbo axys setup I built last year. Stopped short since I didn't really want to mess with injector timing being way different....didn't even think about swapping the injectors 180. I am definitely interested in seeing how this runs. I found with the axys under boost that it is extremely picky to AFR's being exact. It doesn't stumble when it's rich by a little bit but almost completely flames out. Having the injectors fog the bottom end would definitely help make tuning a little more forgiving.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Will you be able to play with the mapping or fuel settings on this.

If so... what are your initial thoughts.

Definitely prefer to keep as many stock parts and settings as possible.
With that said, a fuel controller may be needed. Also looking at a larger set of injectors which will force an injector harness build. Darn epoxy.
Thoughts of an external FPR, maybe a rising rate with the signal from the pipe.
Going to install this on my '12 LR. The Dyno will come into play for testing this summer.
A timing key may also come into play.........

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I thought about doing this exact thing on my turbo axys setup I built last year. Stopped short since I didn't really want to mess with injector timing being way different....didn't even think about swapping the injectors 180. I am definitely interested in seeing how this runs. I found with the axys under boost that it is extremely picky to AFR's being exact. It doesn't stumble when it's rich by a little bit but almost completely flames out. Having the injectors fog the bottom end would definitely help make tuning a little more forgiving.

Bryan

Bryan,
Are you running the 3R reeds on the AXYS turbo? Just a thought. The stock PRO reeds with the outsides doubled helped immensely to the bottom end on my Turbo PRO. With BR9EYA set at .025". Granted my setup has auxiliary injectors.

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Stock reeds in it so they should be the 3R. Where I had fueling issues was on the top end. Started at 12.0 WOT under boost, (10 psi) was like you hit the kill switch when it went under boost. Backed it off to 12.5 and it halfway choked out. Ended up at 13.1 or it would not run under boost. Bottom end was as strong as a stocker all the time though.

Premium Features