• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHOT system on XM or XP?

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Anyone know if you could put the new SHOT start system on an XM or XP 800. I like the concept and hate how heavy the starter is on the XM's and XP's. Did not know how the bolt pattern etc is for the recoil vs SHOT setup on the 850 vs the 800.

thanks in advance for any info/ insight

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
From what I've read, you can't even do it 'cost efficiently' with an 850 that wasn't produced with the shot system.

I highly doubt that you'll be able to do so with a 800. You could check out Barcode in the Yamaha section. He has his own style "shot" starter that he is testing.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
My understanding it you cannot.

I wonder if the aftermarket may doo something along these lines though and offer something for non-G4 sleds.

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
The best you can doo is buy a Earthx lithium battery. Sheds a lot of weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The best you can doo is buy a Earthx lithium battery. Sheds a lot of weight

Doo they really work in very cold weather though? I've read that you have to take the battery out and bring it inside on very cold nights. True?

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
I suppose it may say that but i dont think you have to. If it dont start when its real cold then hold the start button down for a said time and it overrides the built in circuitry and will start?? Dave Narona has some videos on them.

Premium Features