• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mountain Cat... New tank, new seat?

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Keep us updated on how that works out for you. My plan for now is to just run this sled fairly stock with a few tweaks. My riding crew has a habit of trying to find the ugliest, nastiest creek bottom available and laugh hysterically at whoever wrecks their sled. I've been riding turbos for the last 10 years, just time for a break. I've found that no matter how great your turbo is running it always takes more effort to ride it in situations like we're in. It's easier to grab a handful of stock power and be able to control where the sled is going than trying to feather the turbo into the right track speed for the occasion. Or better yet, it's easier on the sled to bash into a tree at stock speed than mach chicken turbo speed... as for the creek that looks a little too deep to get back out of with stock power, I think I've got a solution for that. More to come.
Oh come on!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Don't get me wrong, when the snow is fresh and it's 3' deep I'm going to really miss that horsepower. And it's a hell of a lot of fun to pull a steep slope with ease too. But for what and how we ride 90% of the time now, a well tuned stocker with a 50 hp shot of nitrous when things get really tough sounds about right to me. Time will tell.

I'd really have to agree. Really having a hard time convincing myself to not ride my 18' cat mostly stock. Have a few months to figure it out. Rode a number of days this last winter with both stock and turbo sleds. Turbos didn't really go anywhere the stocks didn't, they just got there faster.

Last edited:

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't chit you guys, you're my favorite turds.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Yes. Completely plug and play, aluminum throttle block, etc. I put my hand up for one. They are in production stage now I believe.

I'm hesitant because it removes the safety switch on the throttle. Better have a tether for sure

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have never had the throttle safety switch save me. Even with tons of stuck throttles with snow on about 10 different sleds. Im not worried to lose it. Only causes problems. A tether is #1. Without one you are just playing roulette. I got very lucky from 04-14 riding without one.

Premium Features