• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tether recommendation

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
looking for a good after market tether for my m8's.
anyone have one they like or more important, one to stay away from?

thanks

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Lots of threads on tethers. I went with cat tether, no problems, no issues, there a great install thread on here as well. Better than the crap directions that comes with tether. Location was a big screw up on my part. See attached photo. Finger pointing to a brutal location. I was steady knockinnit off in critical times

IMG_2673.jpg

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
Lots of threads on tethers. I went with cat tether, no problems, no issues, there a great install thread on here as well. Better than the crap directions that comes with tether. Location was a big screw up on my part. See attached photo. Finger pointing to a brutal location. I was steady knockinnit off in critical times

Took off my cat one. Had an issue on one sled and struggled to get reattached with gloves. Sifted thru a bunch of threads, just seeing if there was anything else out there.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Took off my cat one. Had an issue on one sled and struggled to get reattached with gloves. Sifted thru a bunch of threads, just seeing if there was anything else out there.

The cat one is what I have. I have it on the flat area where the steering post comes up and it is very protected there.
I agree it is very difficult to get back on when new and rubber is sticky. I carefully rubbed a small bit of Vaseline on just the external flat portion of the rubber pull off plug. Solved the problem and it still holds very tight.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
The cat one is what I have. I have it on the flat area where the steering post comes up and it is very protected there.
I agree it is very difficult to get back on when new and rubber is sticky. I carefully rubbed a small bit of Vaseline on just the external flat portion of the rubber pull off plug. Solved the problem and it still holds very tight.

Sil-glide or dielectric silicone grease works well for this also. Usually I will re-apply it once or twice a season.

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
If you tie in a stock tether from a snopro race sled and drill a hole in the riser this is a very solid location and easy-to-use. I totally got rid of switches to do my own set-up like a race sled. But this type of tether is super inexpensive and very durable. Just throwing more ides out there. Sorry pic is upside down but you'll get where the location is on the riser.

20170305_195510_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20170306_170424.jpg

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Myself and many others use the pro armor tether and just splice it into the killswitch wires on the bars. I've yet to have issues with it.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
thanks for the replys. Looks like a pro armor in my future.

The pro armor tethers are definitely a step up from the cat ones but they aren't without their flaws. Always carry a spare tether key I've broken 2 of them and make sure to spray the plunger down with silicone spray every once in a while. I've had it not kill the sled a few times when pulled.

Premium Features