• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 SKS with JAWS Pipe and GGB Trail Can

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
Hi guys,

I found a decent deal for a JAWS pipe to go along with the GGB Trail can (weight savings) that I already have.

I would also like to work on clutching because on my previous 600 Polaris I had a Gabes clutch kit and it was well worth it.

Any negatives about the JAWS pipe?

Best clutching for my elevation? should I call Carls Cylcle for that?

I run at 0-3000ft, stock 2.4 track.

Thanks,
Mike

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Slow time of year here, and not alot of members running Jaws pipes on here... Damx comes to mind, maybe he will chime in?

I know one member mentioned the pipe seemed to run much better at 110 degrees vs 125+.

I would think the GGB can will work fine with the pipe, although Jaws probably wont recommend it.

Clutching wise I would look for someone who tests at sea level. Carls would likely be able to set you up with something, but they more so deal with stuff over 6000'. Jaws may recommend you a setup that they have found to work well. If not Im sure the factory setup with some extra weight will work fine.

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
Picked up the pipe and it comes with a washer to put in the primary to make the black spring stiffer. I will try it out as is before making further changes.

Thanks and have a good summer everyone!

Slow time of year here, and not alot of members running Jaws pipes on here... Damx comes to mind, maybe he will chime in?

I know one member mentioned the pipe seemed to run much better at 110 degrees vs 125+.

I would think the GGB can will work fine with the pipe, although Jaws probably wont recommend it.

Clutching wise I would look for someone who tests at sea level. Carls would likely be able to set you up with something, but they more so deal with stuff over 6000'. Jaws may recommend you a setup that they have found to work well. If not Im sure the factory setup with some extra weight will work fine.

T

TTE

Nov 26, 2007
Norway
I have a Jaws pipe on my SKS 2017. Stock can and stock clutching at sea level - gold primary spring and 10-70 weights before the install of the pipe sled would pull 8250 - now 8450-8500 with the Jaws pipe. But I installed extra vents to get more air to the airbox. I felt like it woke the sled alive in the midle and at WOT. Happy with the stock clutching - so the adjustable Venom weights will stay on the shelf so far�� I heatwraped the pipe

Last edited:

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
I have a Jaws pipe on my SKS 2017. Stock can and stock clutching at sea level - gold primary spring and 10-70 weights before the install of the pipe sled would pull 8250 - now 8450-8500 with the Jaws pipe. But I installed extra vents to get more air to the airbox. I felt like it woke the sled alive in the midle and at WOT. Happy with the stock clutching - so the adjustable Venom weights will stay on the shelf so far�� I heatwraped the pipe

Did you feel like you had to heat wrap the pipe?

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
I have jaws pipes . Put them on the Dyno on all model years and the pipe works well.
Key is pipe heat and 8400 rpm with this pipe and stock muffler. I'd lose the can as it's not doing any good. Get the heat shield from jaws too.

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
I have jaws pipes . Put them on the Dyno on all model years and the pipe works well.
Key is pipe heat and 8400 rpm with this pipe and stock muffler. I'd lose the can as it's not doing any good. Get the heat shield from jaws too.

Do I get the heat shield to protect the hood or for performance?

Cummins88

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2015
Ottawa
Finally got around to installing my JAWS single pipe. I booked a couple hours to get my sled on the dyno because I wanted to make sure everything was running optimal and it wouldn't be an issue running a GGB can with the pipe. We first ran the sled with the stock pipe and stock muffler to get a baseline. The single pipe on it's own netted a 9-10hp gain. The GGB can lost 2hp whether it was running with the JAWS pipe or the stock pipe. Needless to say it's going on Kijiji. I'm either going to run the stock muffler or a JAWS can with the pipe, we tested the JAWS can and it didn't lose any hp.

Can't wait for the snow to fly and get my clutching dialled in!

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
Finally got around to installing my JAWS single pipe. I booked a couple hours to get my sled on the dyno because I wanted to make sure everything was running optimal and it wouldn't be an issue running a GGB can with the pipe. We first ran the sled with the stock pipe and stock muffler to get a baseline. The single pipe on it's own netted a 9-10hp gain. The GGB can lost 2hp whether it was running with the JAWS pipe or the stock pipe. Needless to say it's going on Kijiji. I'm either going to run the stock muffler or a JAWS can with the pipe, we tested the JAWS can and it didn't lose any hp.

Can't wait for the snow to fly and get my clutching dialled in!

Yep, most cans lose hp. I know the jaws, bmp and slp cans don’t. Won’t comment on others :face-icon-small-coo

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Yes I'm also running the jaws pipe, but into a bmp full velocity can. Pipe likes 8300-8500 rpm. Iv tried stock can and bmp full velocity back to back on the same hills with no difference. For clutching if you ride deep snow mountains call Indy specialty for his kit.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Yes I'm also running the jaws pipe, but into a bmp full velocity can. Pipe likes 8300-8500 rpm. Iv tried stock can and bmp full velocity back to back on the same hills with no difference. For clutching if you ride deep snow mountains call Indy specialty for his kit.

Damx, Just curious on your set up, as I'm undecided between SLP, BMP, and Jaws and clutching. I see you are running the Jaws pipe/BMP Can, ported, hi comp head, with Indydan clutching ? Are you running a fuel controller ?
Riding Revy/Golden/Sicamous 3000-6000ft. PM if possiblem, Thanks !

Last edited:
Premium Features