• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 High country ltd VS Mountain cat

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Yeah, we will see. The high country is still looking pretty good, not happy about the non drop and rolled chain case though. Kinda bs if you ask me especially considering they apparently dont market that sled as much of a 50/50 sled as they used to.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
opted for the mc. ride UP 90% and 10% out west.

I actually buzzed a trail for 40 miles last weekend due to the snow being so bad so we booked it over to a bar to get food. actually did well on the trail, pleasantly surprised. I'm coming off a 16' axys.

it was 35° and cooling was an issue when idling or on hard stuff not moving enough to utilize scratchers. going down trail was fine....snow was so hard off trail that going slow boondocking was making it overheat.

mountaincat.jpg

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
I guess ill keep my mind open then, check out the sleds in person and make a decision based off that. Im sure either way, ill get comfortable enough to get the sled to do what i want a vast majority of the time and ill be used to it not being able to do certain things and plan accordingly.

Premium Features