• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have some Tips/tricks for changing ECU

U
Feb 21, 2017
Saskatchewan
What is the easiest way to change these suckers? Can I get enough room by just disconnecting the fuel lines with the special removal tool? or is it easier to just pull out the 6 bolts holding the fuel assembly in the tank? any advice is appreciated!

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
i don't recall removing mine being that hard. its on the panel under your spare belt holder. remove two philips, the cover, disconnect the wire harness and take it off the panel. if you need more room you can pull the 10mm bolt on the fuel filter stay, then remove the air box. if its the first time you've had the air box out you may need to remove a plastic tab at the bottom fore side of the box.

sorry i'm not more help but i can't really remember too well.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
What year and model sled?

Had mine out the other day to add dielectric grease to the connectors, it is not very difficult but since you are talking fuel pump related stuff it sounds like you are talking 07 or older IQ or IQRaw chassis with the fuel pump opening on the front of the tank? The fuel pump is on top of the tank on the 08 and newer for sure and nowhere hear the ECU... just replace my fuel pump tonight... for the ECU on the 08, take the 3 nuts off, wiggle it up and off the backing plate moving wiring around as necessary to get it off of there, then disconnect the 2 connectors using the releases on the bottoms of them... that is on an 08 or newer Dragon...

U
Feb 21, 2017
Saskatchewan
Got it...

Did some more reading and then read the service manual. My sled is a 2006 900 RMK.

Step one I wend to NAPA and bought the cheap plastic fuel line disconnect set ($17 CDN)

Then, drain fuel tank to at least half full, disconnected fuel pump wires, disconnected fuel lines, took off console, pulled fuel tank back and then I had access to it. Sounds like the newer sleds are a bit easier! Thanks for the advice on the dielectric grease, good idea.

Premium Features