• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'10 M8 Idles on 2nd Pull and Dies

B
Mar 31, 2011
Calgary
Had a great trip 2 weeks ago. Everything worked fine. Needed to take my trailer in for some repairs so I offloaded our sleds in to the garage.

A week later, I go to start mine to load it and it went 5' before dying. Pulled and nothing. 2nd pull and it started enough to idle for a second and die. I thought it was ironic that I had run out of gas. It was definitely low.

20 litres of fresh and it still won't start. 20+ times it did the same thing. 1st pull nothing. 2nd pull it would start, rev for a second or two with the gauge lit up and then die. Now the gauge barely glows and it doesn't show any signs of starting.

I disconnected my fuel line while pulling and virtually nothing comes out.

I got a little too curious reading on the forums about a 12v battery. Hooked that up to the fuel pump plug (car battery. Hope this didn't fry it!) and we got a click with one current and a softer sound with the other.

Hmmm. Any thoughts out there? Thanks for all the great ideas and insight.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Ran my 10 M8 out of fuel once. Didnt know the battery trick. About 100 pulls and dripping of fuel into the plug holes and it started. Went to radio shack and bought a battery top connector, whatever it is called for a 9v battery, which had two pigtails. Soldered on alligator clips and hope i can figure out how to connect it if the need arises.

How do u hook up current to the fuel pump?

Premium Features