• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S-36 A-arms on my freeride?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I'd like to take the a-arms on my '13 summit and put them on my 16' freeride, but keep the freeride shocks on as well. Has anyone done this?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
You cannot do this. The shocks are too long and when fully extended will cause the steering to lock, so when u are in the air u cannot steer.

You can have the freeride shocks shortened to fit.

Call BigJohn @ SLedHead Racing 612.718.3861. He can get your shocks setup to fit an S-36 front end.

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
The shock length is not ideal but it can be done. I've had a couple buddies do this with no complaints.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
You cannot do this. The shocks are too long and when fully extended will cause the steering to lock, so when u are in the air u cannot steer.

I did it. No problems at all with the air steering. I had to grind down the bump stop on the summit arms to get them to turn all the way, and I'm going to grind down the free ride spindles because they are wider, which also doesn't allow for as tight of a turning radius. But handling seemed to feel the same as my summit. A great mod to the free ride in my opinion!

Premium Features