• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK 700 with a 800 Swap ???

D
Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys yes you did read this title right... I just blew my 700 because of a cylinder skirt going through the crankcase AGAIN !!!

I am more than fed up with this 700 engine breaking all the time.

I am tempted on buying a brand new sled but that equals monthly payments and I got 4 kids... So if I could get another engine it would be expensive at first but paid without monthly payments...

Anyways I was looking for an engine on a FaceBook for Sale page when a guy there said he could sell me his 2010 800 CFI motor with a fix kit ?

How hard is it to put an 800 engine in a 700 RMK chassis? And what is needed to get the job done ?

Thankx guys ! :)

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
As a 800 owner who's sled only has 1,600 miles and 3 topends! I'd say don't do it. I'd hate for u to go through all that trouble just to be screwed over again by a shoty Polaris product. I grew up ridding a 90' Indy 500, awesome reliable sled. Then went to a 98' xc700 which is a legendary sled. Always been a Polaris die hard. Needing to upgrade to a 21st century sled I look into what Polaris has to offer for 21 century sleds. And I read A LOT of negitives on these cfi 05-14 sleds, bad electric, piston slap issues and breaking cylinder skirts. Hell they even tried one ring pistons! What kinda crap is that. I figure, well they make a fix kit and I can do a lot of preventative things I learn from others on forums like this.. I'll give it a shot. Find a good one, do the fix, fuel controller and all the preventative stuff. 200 miles in its down, pto side seize. After figuring out oil pump was way off and mighta had some bad gas (everyone's sled was running rough after that gas station) its back together and every mile I put on it it's plaguing my mind. I love ridding! I been ridding for 20 plus years. But not when at any moment I could be stranded and my wallet takes another $600-1000 hit. Stupid! Just plain stupid. Is there people that just put gas and oil in these same sleds and just ride em and never have an issue...yeah sure, and every sled make and model has issues of some sort, but say a arctic cat m8 might have a 10 outa 100 stat. The 08-12 cfi 800 gotta be 60-100 range! I've heard and read good things about the Polaris 600 motors. Maybe u should think about going that route..? Do a nation wide c-list search and see how many 800's u find with over 5,000 miles and see how many 600's with over 5k. Lot of 600's with 5k plus. That tells ya something. The 6's are 129 horse vs 135 for the 800's (Polaris claims 156 but not on a production sled). anyways sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soap box now.

I would imagin chassis are the same
And motor mount locations. Might be a different mount plate, different throttle/oil pump linkage. I'd get all the electronic for the 800 including fuel pump, stator, ecu that matches your injector color, coils etc. gears and clutching will be different but you could just look up a parts diagram on babbits web site and find and match part numbers to see what need changing and what don't.

Best of luck to ya

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
700 to 800 same year there the same 05/06 the 700 is the same as the 900 just different jugs and head
so my 09 600 would also fit your chassis ( no its not for sale the 600 was the best they built )

D
Aug 25, 2016
I can't believe how late 2000 Polaris sleds are becoming disposable products... Focusing on weight reduction is actually killing these sleds :(

Premium Features