• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQ BOSS Seat Install - Question on Seat Gas Tank Loop vs. Hood Shroud

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I have removed the four screws and two push pins holding the tank shroud. Is anything else necessary or should the seat loop simply fit around the neck of the fuel tank?

Attached Boss instructions seem to indicate nothing else is required. The design of the neck of the fuel tank seem to suggest otherwise?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys!

IQ Tank.jpg

Attachments

• 2010 Polaris RMK - BOSS Seat Installation Instructions.pdf
    120.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Thanks Matt. So it sounds like I have to back off that large nut and O-ring. As you can see from the photo both of them are there. Since the installation instructions from boss made no mention of them I thought they were irrelevant to the install process but apparently not?can the nut be backed off by hand or is there some special tool for that purpose?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Got it and it all worked out just fine. Love the seat firmness, height and width. Ended up using a big set of channel lock pliers very very very gently to not gouge the plastic nut/washer which is actually all one piece. All perfect. Thanks for all the advice guys! Have a great winter.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features